The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2014, 05:12 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice
Default You have got to be kidding me.....

Hello from beautiful British Columbia.

Officially I'm working this week, but.... lying next to my steel-toed boots are a couple rods, my waders, and a Patagucci sling packed full of flies. I'm planning on hitting this gorgeous mountain river early next week. It's one of those rivers that has more bears on the banks than fishermen and you're more likely to see Bigfoot than a drift boat. Just nothing but empty water, big beautiful fish, and me.

So... while I'm sorting stuff out and thinking ahead, I flick on the weather forecast for when I'm heading out and BAM!!!! SNOW!! An all day snow- and a "high" of 33. Seriously?!?!

I mean, didn't we just get over all of that stuff?? The runoff haunted me until August! I'm just not ready for this. I mean... I needed therapy when spring refused to show up just a few short months ago. Noooo, please not yet. For a minute, I thought I was having an acid flashback, but then I remembered that I've never even smoked a joint... can't be that. So then I checked another station in case this was somebody's idea of a joke. Snow. Sigh.

I am now officially 100% FOR global warming. There, I said it.
"In Heaven the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, and the women are Italian. In Hell the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, and the women are Italian...."
Old 09-04-2014, 05:46 PM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all
Default Re: You have got to be kidding me.....

You are supposed to be working right?

God is fair after all.

fredaevans and labradorguy like this.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:51 PM

eastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really niceeastfly66 is just really nice

sounds like a pretty good gig to me !

I'll be happy to trade with you ?

" You be me for a while , and I'll be you " - some band I don't remember .....
labradorguy likes this.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not ready for snow either, so I feel the pain. Argh!
hairwing530 and labradorguy like this.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:54 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
You are supposed to be working right?

God is fair after all.

Thanks for that. You should get another green dot for that one.

The days haven't shortened up that much yet. I was looking forward to a couple good hours in the evenings and enjoying some nice BC sunsets.

That's Canada eh...
mcnerney likes this.
"In Heaven the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, and the women are Italian. In Hell the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, and the women are Italian...."
Old 09-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Account on hold

guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like Chrome weather in BC
Old 09-04-2014, 06:20 PM

smilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nice

That's fishing weather get out there and come back with a great report. I would kill for something to fall from the sky.
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:53 PM

Oh, I'll be out there for sure. Go fishing or sit in a motel room and keep up with the Kardashians? That's a no brainer.

I could've done without the snow though. I'm still dealing with PTSD from last year's never ending winter and I'm just not quite ready to start that up again.

I'll count my Blessings and shut up now.

PS- Somebody please mail me a coat....
Old 09-04-2014, 07:21 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I will split our 100's for half of your 33's...

Dave
Old 09-04-2014, 09:31 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Sounds like someone needs some polar fleece big boy pants ! I feel your pain. Overnight lows in the 30's coming up this week.
We were in a big box store on the Saturday before Labor Day and they had prelit Christmas trees on display. Bummed me out.
I just got some studded soles for my Korkers from a member on the forum. That should make it a little easier to get to the water this year. Crossing ice on wet felt soles can provide some hilarious moments for your fishing buddies to watch ! I just didn't think I'd be needing those soles this soon
Tight lines, it will work out for you.