The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By fox
  • 3 Post By bloomagoo
  • 4 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By bigjim5589

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM

fox is on a distinguished road
Default Usps: Wth?!?

Click the image to open in full size.

Despite the start location and the end location being an hour drive apart Greeneville, TN to Knoxville, TN) USPS has somehow turned my delivery into a week long debacle of lost packages a TN state tour, and a field trip to Atlanta, GA. Why not?

Full me twice, I guess. My fault.
ejsell likes this.
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM

bloomagoo will become famous soon enoughbloomagoo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Usps: Wth?!?

At least they still know where it is. I had a UPS package go off the grid, went from Idaho to Winsor, Ontario and then vanished for a week, no updates, before suddenly arriving safe and sound at my door in Boston. It was a rod I bought from a fellow forum member too. We were both sweating bullets for a few days.
mcnerney, hairwing530 and fox like this.
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

In many areas there are two types of things that go into the post: Regular letters and then packages. Any post office can sort forward (as needed) to 'anywhere' with at least one more 'sub-sort' in the process.

Packages all take 'hands-on' work as they won't go through any kind of zip code sorter. (Another reason you want to CLEARLY write the zip code on the address label!_) More often than not these will be cut from the regular postings and sent to a separate sorting service (area volume dependent).

What goes into 'Priority Mail' I have no idea but it will (usually) get there just one day faster. Worth the extra money? Sometimes, but rare.

fae
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomagoo View Post
At least they still know where it is. I had a UPS package go off the grid, went from Idaho to Winsor, Ontario and then vanished for a week, no updates, before suddenly arriving safe and sound at my door in Boston. It was a rod I bought from a fellow forum member too. We were both sweating bullets for a few days.

Man, that would be a nightmare!
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM

james w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the roughjames w 3 3 is a jewel in the rough

That's nothing!
I had a small package (reel parts) shipped usps from San Francisco to Sacramento . . .
It went to Salt Lake City, Denver, Salt Lake City, Oakland, then, finally, Sacramento.
Yes, it was addressed perfectly. At least they didn't charge me extra for the grand tour of the west!
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM

LOL

Dang you USPS!!!!!!
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I had a package shipped from Michigan to here in MD go by way of California. Wasn't the first package from the same fellow in MI, but only that once was my package detoured to CA. Got to love the USPS!

In the last 10 years I've had more USPS packages go on tour across the country for no logical reason than I ever did prior. It's no wonder the USPS is having troubles financially!
fox likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

I shipped a lot with USPS, and yes at times I wondered why I ship with them.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
It's no wonder the USPS is having troubles financially!

Exactly, I had said the same thing to my wife. This is quit wasteful really. No telling how many packages are taking detours on the same truck.

I hope they get their act together if nothing else for the sake of the USPS and all those jobs.