The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do you define a 'good neighbor?'

My next is the best. He/she knows my Thanksgiving dinner/Christmas dinner will be a plate of food, probably some thing out of the freezer and add cranberry sauce. Old People eat what they 'got.'

Next door neighbor with a plate of food and ... 'Heard,' God knows how?, all your fire alarms thingies are churping and driving you/dog nuts; took him less than five minutes to fix the damned things!

My Story:

You have no idea what a blessing of total silence brings to the Party. I will now finish the plate of food he brought over. This is what old people do; good neighbors are always watching. 'His Jeep hasn't moved in a week ... we'd better check up on him.' They do and I make a good pot of English tea and we talk.

"Of shoes and ships and cabbages are Kings" and what's going on with the kids? 'Jonnies (not a real name) is having problems in school ... 'Send him over and I'll tutor and put the fear of God into him about grades.' First took a 'quarter' and went from 'D's' to A's. Put him through Stanford on a full ride, just need to know who to call and 'Take care of him, if he disappoints I will kick the shxt out of him.'

Had my finger in his chest just once (his Mother standing next). 'Listen up you piece of SHXT ...' Later his Mom hugged me; a quite thank you?

Others did very well; a good 'Pay Back' from my point of view.
littledavid123 and busbus like this.
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM

wolfglen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How do you define a 'good neighbor?'

Good neighbors? Gad, I wish I had a good neighbor. I live in the country where it's a minimum of five acres, 7 acres vacant on one side, a guy who stripped his land bare so he could raise goats and has all of his broken down vehicles and junk in the front yard and on the other side a woman who beats and abuses her kids and the cops won't do anything about it.

Makes one's blood boil as a retired law enforcement officer to see cops refuse to do their duty. My blood's still blue, but I see red with our local department.
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you define a 'good neighbor?'

Our neighbors are distant with the closet being about 300 yds away and the next 1/4 mile. Some are friends some not but regardless we mind our own business unless asked or a emergency presents itself. We all check in on the WWII vet down the road and keep a eye on the strange family where our road starts. Didn't realize I was living in Bedford Falls.

Dave