The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By mojo
  • 1 Post By cab
  • 1 Post By benjohnson41

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2015, 09:00 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default New Toys

Years ago I had a nice candy red Electra Glide, 78 to be exact-75 Anniversary Edition. 74 in. Big Twin. Joni had a 79 Sporty. Mine was an ugly blue originally, so House of Colors came out with urethane candy paint. I painted mine candy red with a gold base. Good lookin ride. Joni's was a basket case when we got it. She put it together mostly by herself. I painted it Ferrari red and white. Gold pinstripping set it off. 12" apes, solo seat, 3.5 gallon fat bob tank, narrowed dresser front fender, 50's style headlight and tin. Loked damn nice. We ended up selling them about 15 years ago, and I'm not really sure why. Ben yearning for another one as the years passed. So in October, I found a deal I couldn't pass up.

'04 Road King Classic
Click the image to open in full size.e

And not being one to be content just sitting on the back...
2012 Sportster Super Low

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Do I plan on doing any of the customizing to me or hers? Hell no, maybe some bolt on's. But nothing like the old days. Getting too old for that, plus it's still riding weather. Go figure. I did have the cam chain and tensioners replaced by S&S gear drive set and mild cams. 18" apes will come this summer. Oh, we did buy a pull behind trailer so I have to get a hitch. Fun way to go fishing and camping.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:23 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New Toys

You never get it out of your blood, do you?

Ride Safe,
CAB
mojo likes this.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:38 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab View Post
You never get it out of your blood, do you?

Ride Safe,
CAB
You know, you really don't, at least we didn't. When I first got the Glide, it was 1984. HD was still AMF, and 4 cylinder Honda inlines were the big thing. I got my first taste of a V-Twin back in 9th grade (1969). Neighbors boy had a panhead. I got to kick start it and fell in love with the sound And vibration. I ended up getting an old Triumph 650 in high school that only ran half the time. Different scooter, but not in the same class.
Yea, it's in your blood.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:38 AM

benjohnson41 is on a distinguished road

If you ever decide to take a road trip to the mountains of NC, look up the Wheels Through Time Museum. My girlfriend works there and they've got a great collection of classic motorcycles. You could always hit up one of the many trout streams as well and take a trip through the legendary Deal's Gap.
mojo likes this.