The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 07:42 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default NHL Playoffs 2015

Do you have a dog in this fight. Since I am an Avs fan I dont and am relegated to rooting against foes like the Blues and Wild. There has been some great action specifically in the Anaheim/Winnipeg series even though Ducks are up 3-0.

I'm thinking it could be the Ducks year again

Ducks/Kings would be an interesting matchup

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 04-21-2015, 07:57 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: NHL Playoffs 2015

]LET'S GO BLUES!!!

Though after the sloppy passing and confused defensive play I saw last night, I'm not holding out much hope unless they get their act together.

The Ducks/Jets game was a pretty good game to watch. Kinda rooting for the Jets just for their fans. And I can't be for the Ducks. Or the 'Hawks, or the 'Wings or . . .
comeonavs likes this.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 04-21-2015, 08:01 PM

pjcalla has a spectacular aura aboutpjcalla has a spectacular aura about

This is the best time of year. I have been staying up way too late watching the games. I have always been a Hawks fan, being from Indy. My son was born the night the Hawks won The Cup in 2013...must be a sign.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 PM

scotty macfly has a spectacular aura aboutscotty macfly has a spectacular aura aboutscotty macfly has a spectacular aura about

The Hawks are a team worthy of respect, as with the Wild. If my favorite teams don't make the play offs I tend to go for the underdogs. I would like to see the Jets make it to the final, but not going to happen. I also like the Islanders for some strange reason. Maybe because they get the least respect being near the Rangers and Devils. But I don't know how far they will go.
But I feel that the Hawks or Wild have a good shot. And if I had to choose between the two, I choose Wild.

But, could this next season show the return of the Quebec Nordiques ? There has been talk, and there is a new ice arena. I hope so. They were my favorite and when they came here I was well pleased.
comeonavs likes this.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:56 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrich99 View Post
]LET'S GO BLUES!!!

Though after the sloppy passing and confused defensive play I saw last night, I'm not holding out much hope unless they get their act together.

The Ducks/Jets game was a pretty good game to watch. Kinda rooting for the Jets just for their fans. And I can't be for the Ducks. Or the 'Hawks, or the 'Wings or . . .
I do want the Blues to beat the Wild, but then..... sorry the Blues and Avs have gotten a decent rivalry going.

And yeah I puke in my mouth a bit thinking of the Ducks winning it

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcalla View Post
This is the best time of year. I have been staying up way too late watching the games. I have always been a Hawks fan, being from Indy. My son was born the night the Hawks won The Cup in 2013...must be a sign.
I am a bandwagon Hawks fan, they have so much talent that is fun to watch. Patrick Sharp to me is just fun to watch

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty macfly View Post
The Hawks are a team worthy of respect, as with the Wild. If my favorite teams don't make the play offs I tend to go for the underdogs. I would like to see the Jets make it to the final, but not going to happen. I also like the Islanders for some strange reason. Maybe because they get the least respect being near the Rangers and Devils. But I don't know how far they will go.
But I feel that the Hawks or Wild have a good shot. And if I had to choose between the two, I choose Wild.

But, could this next season show the return of the Quebec Nordiques ? There has been talk, and there is a new ice arena. I hope so. They were my favorite and when they came here I was well pleased.
No Wild my former inside sales team is in Eden Prairie Mn and I will have to hear if forever if they pull it off.

And that would be awesome to move Phx to Quebec. Winnipeg has jumped on board I dont see why Quebec wouldn't fill a stadium

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 04-21-2015, 09:57 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all

Sorry, nope, can't let the 'yotes move to Quebec or anywhere else. Not that I'm a Phoenix fan at all, but without them I'd never get to see my Blues at all. So they have to stay.

As for having respect for the 'Hawks . . . how do I say this . . .

Respectfully, I hope Patrick Kane gets the worst dose of the crabs in human history . . . until the Blues and 'Hawks play each other in the playoffs. Then I hope he gets a double dose.

And maybe for the first game next year against the Blues . . .

Peace.
comeonavs likes this.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 04-21-2015, 10:30 PM

itchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant future

I became a Hawks fan when the North Stars moved to Dallas. Then we finally got another hockey team. Go Wild!
Old Yesterday, 12:52 AM

wineshark is on a distinguished road

Always been a Hawks fan, starting in about 1966! They have a tremendous team and a very good coach, but they are susceptible to more physical teams. Nice that they got by Nashville (Nashville? a hockey team? what has happened to this world?), but they need a defensive that is as aggressive as their offensive is opportunistic. Not this year except by an act of God, I think.
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM

GrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to all

Click the image to open in full size.

B.E.F.
el jefe likes this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old Yesterday, 01:38 AM

el jefe is on a distinguished road

Red Wings fan here. Honestly thought they'd be out in 5 games in the first round. They may still lose in the first round, but they're putting up a better fight than I expected. Much of that has to do with the change to and continued faith in their rookie goaltender, Petr Mrazek. The team appears to be believing in him, too.

When they're out, I pull for the underdog, unless that underdog has some distasteful villain, like PK Subban, Patrick Kane, Corey Perry, or Cindy Crysby.
GrtLksMarlin likes this.