The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By rangerrich99
  • 3 Post By wolfglen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 06:46 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Screwed up my computer! Big printing on the screen.

Big screen printing is a 'hold this down and press ?' I undid it! What's the key strokes???????

ARRRRGGGGG!

Insert profanity.

fae
Old 05-12-2015, 07:22 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Screwed up my computer! Big printing on the screen.

If its a PC, try hold and press the 'ctrl' key and the dash or minus sign key. May have to do it more than once.

Another way is to go to CONTROL PANEL, then click on 'Ease of access/optimize display(could be called either),' then 'Change size of text and icons.'

If it's an Apple product, I wouldn't have the faintest clue how to fix your problem.

Oh, you want the big print back . . . 'CTRL' key and the plus sign. Repeat for greater magnification.

Sorry.
fredaevans likes this.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark

Last edited by rangerrich99; 05-12-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:02 PM

wolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Big screen printing is a 'hold this down and press ?' I undid it! What's the key strokes???????

ARRRRGGGGG!

Insert profanity.

fae
You can always look the wrong way down the binoculars to get it back to the right size? Duh?

How are you feeling Fred?
Old 05-13-2015, 10:45 AM

itchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant future

Maybe your computer is just trying to tell you you need new glasses?
Old 05-13-2015, 10:48 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrich99 View Post
If its a PC, try hold and press the 'ctrl' key and the dash or minus sign key. May have to do it more than once.

Another way is to go to CONTROL PANEL, then click on 'Ease of access/optimize display(could be called either),' then 'Change size of text and icons.'

If it's an Apple product, I wouldn't have the faintest clue how to fix your problem.

Oh, you want the big print back . . . 'CTRL' key and the plus sign. Repeat for greater magnification.

Sorry.
YES! YES!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!

Bingo! Many thanks! At my age (will be 73 in a couple of days) reading small print is a 'not going to happen.'

Fred
Old 05-13-2015, 10:54 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

For Apple computers hold down the CTRL key and hit the "0" zero number key which is the same as the ")" key. This returns the display to the normal size.

Increase the size of the printing it is CTRL "+", to decrease it is CTRL "-"

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 05-13-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfglen View Post
You can always look the wrong way down the binoculars to get it back to the right size? Duh?

How are you feeling Fred?
Today is starting out as a 'good day.' WG knows I have Parkinson's, a bad day means trouble just trying to walk. Stumble at best. Attempting to drive the Jeep is not going to happen.

Interesting to have 'mind' on 'Good to Go' and the rest of the Bod says 'Not going to happen.' There are 'lots of me's' out there. Sitting in your chair: Shuffle through a fly box with old dog next: 'What do you think?'

'Maybe we can go fishing tomorrow.' 'Mz Turkey' is flaked out on top of our bed.

fae

fae
Old 05-13-2015, 03:02 PM

wolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the roughwolfglen is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Today is starting out as a 'good day.' WG knows I have Parkinson's, a bad day means trouble just trying to walk. Stumble at best. Attempting to drive the Jeep is not going to happen.

Interesting to have 'mind' on 'Good to Go' and the rest of the Bod says 'Not going to happen.' There are 'lots of me's' out there. Sitting in your chair: Shuffle through a fly box with old dog next: 'What do you think?'

'Maybe we can go fishing tomorrow.' 'Mz Turkey' is flaked out on top of our bed.

fae

fae
I've had all kinds of things happen to me, so I know how you feel as I'm pretty close to you 68.
Did my first half day on the flats push poling since the back operation last spring. A little bit sore, but seemed to make it through okay.
A little frustrating, took a friend out fishing, he didn't want to use the lure I told him to, didn't want to cast where he was told, etc. oh well, one little trout caught and released, one fair snook hooked and lost.

I actually didn't get to do much fishing, it's pretty hard to push pole someone around and fly fishing at the same time. Put the pole down and by the time you pick up the rod you've drifted into the mangroves.]]

Fred, come down and fish with me this next winter.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:24 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Fred, Fred, Fred, everybody knows that our computers are spying on all of us and that when we reach a certain time in our lives it decides we would benefit from larger print. Just trust your computer and continue to stare at the screen, counting your blessings that Big Brother is watching over you...

Kelly