The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By GrtLksMarlin
  • 2 Post By siege
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By GrtLksMarlin
  • 3 Post By mikel
  • 1 Post By scotty macfly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2015, 11:47 PM

GrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to behold
Default Minor Fishing Region Change Discussion...

Hi All;

Not knowing all of the reasoning involved I thought I would put out there a minor state/region change that always strikes me when I discuss my experiences and travels........Naturally the folks living in those regions would know best, yet I thought I'd toss this out there for discussion.

The top map shown is how our fishing regions are currently laid out.....Below what I was thinking:

Click the image to open in full size.

The change that suits my skewed thinking being.
1. Move Idaho to the Rocky Mountain Region
2. Move New Mexico to the Western Region (possibly renaming it South Western Region).
3. As an option move Colorado to the (South) Western Region, and Nevada to the Pacific Southwest.

Thoughts?

B.E.F.
siege likes this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:14 AM

siege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minor Fishing Region Change Discussion...

I agree completely as far as Idaho is concerned. I have felt the same way for as long as I have been on the forum. It's a logical change. Idaho's eastern border is the Rocky Mountains. The Snake River flows out of Wyoming, and across Idaho. Terrain, climate, elevation, species and so many other factors make this a valid change.
JoJer and GrtLksMarlin like this.

Last edited by siege; 05-28-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
I agree completely as far as Idaho is concerned. I have felt the same way for as long as I have been on the forum. It's a logical change. Idaho's eastern border is the Rocky Mountains. The Snake River flows out of Wyoming, and across Idaho. Terrain, climate, elevation, species and so many other factors make this a valid change.
I made the change of moving Idaho into the Rocky Mountain forum. I don't think we should move Colorado out of the Rocky Mountain forum, but will let the forum members voice their opinions on that and the other recommendations.
siege and GrtLksMarlin like this.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:06 AM

GrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that Mcnerney! What do you guys think about shifting New Mexico to the (South) Western Region?.....and please disregard the thought/option of moving Nevada. I also go along with your thinking on Colorado yet would like to see what most think.

BTW, you folks from Texas forget it.....I'll vote "NO" for a Republic of Texas region

B.E.F.
mcnerney likes this.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:14 AM

mikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant future

What a relief to have this finally straightened out. Can we move California to somewhere with water and put Tx/Ok in a dryer for a while too?
mcnerney, dean_mt and GrtLksMarlin like this.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:59 AM

So no thoughts about moving New Mexico to a South Western area along with Arizona, Utah and Nevada?

B.E.F.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:42 PM

scotty macfly is a jewel in the roughscotty macfly is a jewel in the roughscotty macfly is a jewel in the rough

Move New Mex. I think it fits in with South Western. And if you think about it, that is where it's at anyway.
As for Colo. I think it fits better where it's at. But if the majority wants to move it to the SW, I could live with it.
GrtLksMarlin likes this.