The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By fredaevans
  • 2 Post By moucheur2003
  • 1 Post By smilingduck
  • 2 Post By Rip Tide
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 02:52 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default OK, admit it you're in a funk ...Personal look-back and a cure.

Fishing 'suck's,' but health is improving!!!! Plenty of time to sit (Fred, you are just pasted the point where you are Physically 'legally' permitted to drive.

I'm 'old' so I don't a Mind wander back; Sitting back, looking at recipes from the 'Old Days' on the 'Net.' And a house full of kids back in the '60 and '70's.

Pulled out all those bread baking pans .... from the Canadian 1939 addition of my Mom's cookbook, flip to 'Breads!' Every neighborhood kid was in my kitchen on Sunday PM (after church).

'What are we going to bake today Mr. Evans?'

'Ahhh, not today, something different!

World's best comfort food when its raining like hell out side:

How to Make the Best Rice Pudding - The Basics - Food News (Double/Treble the above .... kids are Feeding ANIMALS! Kid holding up his/her empty bowl and 'Is there any more?'

Next Sunday we will be back to the baking pans and 'Zuk/nut breads. Count kids, pull out the number of small bread pans needed and we had at it. Warm Zuk bread, slabs of butter, jam was optional (Peach and Blackberry) but 'we' made that to in the kitchen ... kids lined along the counter chopping (WATCH THOSE FINGERS DAMNIT!) Pre-heat oven: Suggested cooking temp: Add at least 25 degrees, 30 was better with that many pans. Half way through the backing rotate the pans. Top to bottom, etc.

Mom's Zucchini Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Never enough Zuk's (that's almost an Oxymoron), chop/slice thin then let them up soak in water/drain then into the batter.

Sooo ... breads are baking and 'now what?' Pulled out my bag of Soccer Balls and we kicked them around for an hour or so. Look at watch and 'Let's go check.' Tooth pick in centers ... 'Not yet.' Looks of disappointment ..

OK-OK a Fred Ramble, but as you get older you will have 'History,' (to be honest) mine was in a totally different era. I still don't bother to lock my car.
fae
Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM

moucheur2003 is a glorious beacon of lightmoucheur2003 is a glorious beacon of lightmoucheur2003 is a glorious beacon of lightmoucheur2003 is a glorious beacon of lightmoucheur2003 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OK, admit it you're in a funk ...Personal look-back and a cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
from the Canadian 1939 addition of my Mom's cookbook, flip to 'Breads!' Every neighborhood kid was in my kitchen on Sunday PM (after church).
Any recipes in there for butter tarts?
mcnerney and smilingduck like this.
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM

smilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nice

Fred us young whippersnappers would best describe you as an OG! Have a good day stay cool my friend!
fredaevans likes this.
Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

As usual, I planted 2 zucchini plants this year. That's always more than enough
But surprise !
My 4 butternut squash turned out to be zucchini in disguise

Anyway, zucchini pancakes have gone over big-time at my house this year.
They're made just like potato pancakes..shredded zucc and onion, flour, egg, S&P. Maybe a bit of cheese.
Simple and much better than your average soggy steamed and sautéed or the dreaded "stuffed"
They taste like "fresh"
fredaevans and smilingduck like this.
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: OK, admit it you're in a funk ...Personal look-back and a cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
Any recipes in there for butter tarts?
Here you go: Butter Tarts Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Thing I like about this web site is all the recipes are totally 'no brainers.'

Fred
smilingduck likes this.

Last edited by fredaevans; Yesterday at 04:38 PM.