The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2015, 05:55 PM

onemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to all
Default Mapping hairwing530's fly distribution and fished locations

The good idea fairy paid me another visit...so I created a map, where we can all mark the location of Jerry's flies and places we have fished them...you do not have to hit the exact hole if you don't want too...thought it would interesting for us and Jerry to see...

Larry, Ard...or who ever less can fix it, if we could get the map location and the hairwing fly pic thread located together some how...

Map location is here...follow link add your pin....super easy!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...I0&usp=sharing

The location in KY with pic of mine, does not depict a hairwing fly in his mouth...but I did get one there with one of his flies and fished them there...will get pic corrected!

Pic thread is here

Pics of flies by hairwing530 in action
Old 12-20-2015, 06:17 PM

Location: Farmington, ill. ( stop by for a cold beer on your way thru)
k_e_v is a glorious beacon of lightk_e_v is a glorious beacon of lightk_e_v is a glorious beacon of lightk_e_v is a glorious beacon of lightk_e_v is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mapping hairwing530's fly distribution and fished locations

Fun idea. I think I pinned a couple of places

#jerry'sflies
hairwing530 and onemississipp like this.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:25 PM

onemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to allonemississipp is a name known to all

I see locations populating! Thanks fellas!
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemississipp View Post
Larry, Ard...or who ever less can fix it, if we could get the map location and the hairwing fly pic thread located together some how...
Dustin: I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I can merge the two threads, would that work??????

I pinned a couple places in Wyoming.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:34 PM

I'm not sure what I mean, either....lol...it will probably be fine the way it is? Or a merger may be better? You decide.....

Sorry....
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:44 PM

eastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to beholdeastfly66 is a splendid one to behold

How do you pin locations ?
Old 12-20-2015, 06:49 PM

Location: Farmington, ill. ( stop by for a cold beer on your way thru)
k_e_v is a glorious beacon of lightk_e_v is a glorious beacon of lightk_e_v is a glorious beacon of lightk_e_v is a glorious beacon of lightk_e_v is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
In the upper left of the screen you will see a search box and a bunch of icons. Touch the one that looks like a balloon and then touch the spot on the map you want to drop the pin

Last edited by k_e_v; 12-20-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
Expand the map to the area you want to pin, then up at the top just below the search window, look for the little gray pin icon, grab and drop it one the location you want.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:12 PM

killem has a spectacular aura aboutkillem has a spectacular aura aboutkillem has a spectacular aura about

I added some places that I have used Jerry's flies. Pictures I do not have currently, but will as soon as I hit those spots again.

Hope to add a few more places world wide soon (fingers crossed I get this job).
Old 12-20-2015, 07:19 PM

Well looky there! That's pretty neat...talking about the map!
hairwing530 and mridenour like this.