The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By itchmesir
  • 1 Post By scotty macfly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2015, 01:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Old enough to remember?

https://www.facebook.com/DAV/videos/...75387/?theater
mcnerney and spm like this.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:22 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old enough to remember?

I met Red Skelton once
I was working the flambé dessert station at a restaurant in NOLA and one night he jumped in to "help"
It was a lot of fun for me and the crowd lived it.
He was as nice a man as you remember from the TV
Old 12-27-2015, 01:41 PM

GrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant future

Well I remember Red Skelton, and the Red Skelton Show, yet I'm just a hair too young (and handsome I might add) to have been part of a 48 state nation or to have said the pledge without "under God."

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:45 PM

itchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond reputeitchmesir has a reputation beyond repute

Red Skeleton? Was he DC's answer to Red Skull?
GrtLksMarlin likes this.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:09 PM

GrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Red Skeleton? Was he DC's answer to Red Skull?
Here, this will help someone of your generation remember. He was the father of He-Man's nemesis Skelator. Unfortunately, Skelator was routinely boo'd off stage unable to even get a knock-knock joke right (google "hitler knock knock .gif" as an example).....So dejected by his failing comedic career, he turned evil, his father remaining king of the funny.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:19 PM

scotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant future

Fred, I want you to know that I added that to my favorites list. I remember Red Skelton very well, he was one of my mothers favorite people, ( she met him once, and she said he treated her like a true lady ).

This brought tears to my eyes watching this, both happy and sad, because it made me remember my mother, which makes me happy, but sad because what Red said at the end is so true today.

How people forget to realize God is the "Good Guy", and if mankind wants to kick Him out, well mankind, let me know how that works out for you. He has been a blessing in my life. If people quit wanting God to be a genie in a bottle to answer to our wishes, and get to know Him and what He's about, things may be better. After all, He made us, we didn't make Him.

I'll shut up now, because I feel a sermon coming on, and it is Sunday.
fredaevans likes this.