The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2016, 05:52 PM

markfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the rough
Default Humor on the forum

I was reading the "Favorite Small Midge" thread and saw this posted by Mr. labradorguy -

I understand midges catch big fish gentlemen. Just a little humor.... It's in short supply on the forum these days...

So I thought I'd put this in a new thread instead of hijacking the midge thread. I was watching a "Big Bang" re-run and being the nerd that I am, cracked up at this physicist joke told by Leonard :

"A poultry farmer was distressed because his chickens stopped laying eggs. He didn’t know what to do about it, but one of his friends, a physicist, offered to help. The physicist came out to the farm, took a bunch of measurements, and went back home to analyze the data. The physicist called the farmer on the phone and said: “Okay, I have a solution for your problem, but it only works with spherical chickens in a vacuum.”

Ha ha ha! Ok it's nerd humor. Let's hear yours!

Mark
Old 12-28-2016, 08:36 PM

yikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant future
Default Re: Humor on the forum

Nerd Humor -

Cop pulls over motorist, points angrily: "Do you realize you just sped right through that red light back there? What do you have to say for yourself?!"

Motorist: "Officer, I was going so fast, that light was BLUE."
Old 12-28-2016, 09:02 PM

GrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant future

I have no sense of humor, and take this sport or day I say art-form, much too seriously to ever joke about it or anything really. That said, I only have one joke, and you'd have to of lived in S.E.Michigan for some time in years past to get it. It's posted in the bowels of the Great Lakes Region forum somewhere. I'll try and hunt up the link to it a little later to respectfully, and reverently repost it.

In any case, if you're needing something in a hurry to tell at your wife's next women's club meeting to impress the gals;

"Why is it all wedding dresses come in white?"

"Because that's the color all new appliances come in..."

(Please don't hit me Cpiercem, I'm a crybaby )

B.E.F.
markfrid and ptarmigan like this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:22 PM

tcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant futuretcorfey has a brilliant future

On of my favorite sayings is...

I don't drink anymore... but I don't drink any less either.

Usually draws a snicker or two..

Regards,

Tim C.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:49 PM

bob3700 is a glorious beacon of lightbob3700 is a glorious beacon of lightbob3700 is a glorious beacon of lightbob3700 is a glorious beacon of lightbob3700 is a glorious beacon of lightbob3700 is a glorious beacon of light

If u work for an airline, the follow on to the drinking joke is:

It's five o, clock somewhere!
Old 12-28-2016, 10:05 PM

GrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant future

And to give you a boozing trifecta you need to round it out with a famous quote:

"I used to jog, but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass," David Lee Roth

B.E.F.
markfrid and runningfish like this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:06 PM

zug buggin is a splendid one to beholdzug buggin is a splendid one to beholdzug buggin is a splendid one to beholdzug buggin is a splendid one to beholdzug buggin is a splendid one to beholdzug buggin is a splendid one to beholdzug buggin is a splendid one to behold

: What do fish and women have in common? A: They both stop shaking their tale after you catch them!

What did the fish say when it hit a concrete wall A: "Dam!"

What did one hillbilly say to another? A: I got a new fly rod and reel for my wife......best trade I ever made.

The only reason your husband likes to go fishing so much is that it's the only time he hears someone tell him, "Wow, that's a big one!"

When you go fishing and you catch something, that's good. If you're making love and you catch something, that's bad.

You can catch a fish on a 20-cent nightcrawler. If you want to catch a woman you're talking dinner and a movie minimum.
The fisherman now is one who defies society, who rips lips, who drains the pool, who takes no prisoners, who is not to be confused with the sissy with the creel and bamboo rod. Granted, he releases what he catches, but in some cases, he strips the quarry of its perilous soul before tossing it back in the water. What was once a trout – cold, hard, spotted and beautiful – becomes “number seven.”
Tom McGuane
Old 12-28-2016, 10:41 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Heisenberg is pulled over for speeding.
The police officer asks, "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Heisenberg says, 'No, but I knew where I was."

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 12-28-2016, 11:03 PM

runningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to behold

the best fishing joke is......

I fish to be one with the nature and don't care if I am catching or not.....wait that is me.
markfrid and scotty macfly like this.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:06 PM

james w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant futurejames w 3 3 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
Heisenberg is pulled over for speeding.
The police officer asks, "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Heisenberg says, 'No, but I knew where I was.
Arrrggg, no!! That's not the whole joke.
The second part of that is (since Erwin Schrödinger was also in the car) the cop then demands to search the car. He looks in the trunk, then yells up to the front "hey do you guys know there's a dead cat in here?" To which Schrödinger replies "well, we do NOW!"

Funniest quantum mechanics joke ever.
silver creek and markfrid like this.