The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   Skype.... (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/3736-skype.html)

fyshstykr 03-31-2008 11:57 PM

Skype....

Anyone familiar with it?

Davo 04-01-2008 12:51 AM

Re: Skype....

It's the hooked tip on a male trouts jaw!!

fyshstykr 04-01-2008 12:56 AM

Wrong!! and to think I had so much hope for you Dave.:wink:

Next answer please....

Davo 04-01-2008 01:03 AM

Oh well!! Went to the well once to often!!

fyshstykr 04-01-2008 01:05 AM

Ha! no pun intended either eh. lol

FlyGal 04-01-2008 06:54 AM

It's a telephony service...I've yet to use it.

fyshstykr 04-01-2008 08:25 AM

ding ding ding, winner winner chicken dinner.:wink: :)

Yea, it's a way for people to communicate via the computer, all you need is a headset with a microphone, got mine from that corporate monster Walleyworld for $20.00.
It cost nothing, nada, zippo for the basic service and you can talk to people all over the world for as long as you want to talk. The only time it cost anything is if you upgrade to the fancy stuff, but I have not seen a need for any of that yet, even then the cost look very affordable.
On another forum that I frequent, I have talked to folks on the east coast, a person in northern California, and a ******(his term:tongue: )from Australia, it never even cost a Penny.

Just thought I would pass this along, because in this day of ever increasing cost on everything, if your anything like me, your really trying to cut cost wherever you can.
If any of you have Sons, Daughters, or a Relative over seas it may be a good way to keep in touch more often.

Here's a link, give it a look.
Skype official website – free download and free calls and internet calls

atlaw 04-01-2008 11:13 AM

Since I have been living in Mexico and the kids are scattered I have been using Skype (after playing with Vonage for a while). I works great and we have started using it for work also. It supports video and there is a program (beta) where you can share desktops, similar to the old Webmeeting. Computer to computer is free and calling to land lines like 2 cents a minute-you buy time on line for the land line calls.
Once in a while you get an echo or a dropped call but this has been very infrequent over the past year.
It is excellent as far as I am concerned and if you have a newer Apple with the camera and mike built in you don't need the headset.

Rankamtr 04-01-2008 11:09 PM

Thanx fysh, As you can imagine after all that running around on boats (64 countries0 I have friends world-wide. So will give it a try real soon.

fyshstykr 04-01-2008 11:41 PM

Anytime Dutch, hope it saves you a bunch of money.:)