The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The movie thread.....

Went and seen 'Gran Torino'.
All I can say is "Classic Clint Eastwood"

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 PM

rausch51 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rausch51

Saw Gran Torino a few weeks back. By far the best movie I've seen in a long time.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

He is an American icon from Rowdy Yeates to Walter in Gran Torino I like em all.

Ard
Old 02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

The wife drug me to see "New in town" with Rene Zelwegger(sp) and Harry Connick Jr this past weekend. I was entertained to say the least. Every show I see with him or her in it I have enjoyed. Great lighthearted love story.

Took place in Minnesota, so I learned a bunch of that Minnesota slang. Enjoyable chick flik.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-07-2009, 12:35 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Re: The movie thread.....

Go to youtube and look up the fly fishing scene from the mummy 3. I wouldn't torture you with the whole thing, though my violence prone unrefined movie pallett was entertained.
I think some of us will empathize with the fly fishing segment though and then you will also understand the need for sidearmes while fishing.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

The other night Pam and I sat down and watched "Eat, Pray, Love" with Julia Roberts and Javier Bardem(sp). I thought it was pretty good, but anything with Julia Roberts is good.

So if your in the dog house and need to put a smile on your wife's face, dial it up or stop by your local video store.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:19 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Girl With The Dragon Tattoo on tuesday, I shall never listen to Enya again. Not zackly lighthearted holiday fare, but good. milt.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

just watched "the deer hunter" again. one of the finest movies ever made imo.
Click the image to open in full size.
good stuff.

casey

ARFE
Old 12-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Lol Milt, yer killin' me!

The Mrs and I are planning to see that one on Christmas night. Saw the previews and it looks really intriguing.

Has anyone seen 'The river why' yet?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:45 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Oooh, Deer Hunter, there's a movie that demands an anti-depressant regimen. But definitely good nonetheless! I don't recommend watching it back to back with Apocalypse Now. Both quality cinema, but enough to have the less strong-willed hugging their knees and rocking in the corner.

Just saw the new Sherlock Holmes film last night. Highly entertaining! The plot is entertainingly twisty, and Guy Ritchie holds up his end of the bargain, as usual! I love Snatch and Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels, so when I heard he was doing Sherlock Holmes, I was all in. So far I have not been disappointed. I'd almost like to see the grittiness of the Sherlock Holmes movies be applied to the new Indiana Jones coming down the pipeline, just saying...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...