The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The movie thread.....

Saw Prometheus last Friday, it was pretty good but I expected more from Ridley Scott. Maybe I fell victim to the pre-release hype. Anyone seen the doc Patagonia Rising, about damming rivers in Patagonia? milt.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:50 AM

pab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the rough

For those of you that liked No Country For Old Men, check out the novel. Several of Cormac McCarthys books have been adapted to movies. They did a decent job with All The Pretty Horses but the movie adaptation of The Road was horrible.

As for movies, some of my favorites are Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Open Range, Mountain Men and Jeremiah Johnson.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:57 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

There were for me 4 movies that; well, I can't say helped to shape my life, but I learned something from each of them that I've carried with me since I watched them. I'm not 20 anymore, so this is going to take you all back some.

1. Easy Rider - [as the gun comes out of the window of the truck] Being cool at whatever cost doesn't make a lot of sense - remember, consensus counts

2. The Deer Hunter - [as Nick succumbs to the horrors of wartime] You will encounter points in your life where you will be temped to give up - don't ever do it

3. The Vanishing Point - [as the Charger heads for the 'dozers] There will be a time when the weight of the past and the momentum of the moment overshadow the possibilities of the future and you feel that you can't go back or on - that's never the case

4. Heat - [as the policeman rescues the woman from the burning car] The worst possible situations tend to bring out the best in people - don't let that be the story of your life

Every now and then, I pull one out and have another look at it.

Recently, I thought John Carter was great! Let's see; how about - fantasies expand your possibilities

Pocono
Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I gotta plug "Once in a Blue Moon" again. Google the trailer. The angler in this film casts like pure poetry. And there are trout. Huge trout.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 06-14-2012, 01:37 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

One of my favorites is " We were Soldiers " with Mel Gibson

Not a movie but worth watching

Love the audience reactions.....
Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

37 years ago today, one great "fishing' movie was released

Click the image to open in full size.
milt spawn likes this.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

"Taxidermy man gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung 'im." Quint (Robert Shaw) Jaws
Old 11-30-2012, 06:35 PM

Lincoln Excellent! Been a while since I'd seen an audience applaud a movie... I concur. milt.
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:27 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

"Life of Pi" Simply a beautiful movie, can't describe it any better than Just Beautiful.

Dave
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

from one of my favorite films ever......

casey
madjoni likes this.

ARFE