The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default The movie thread.....

Just watched 'There will be blood' the other night, what a great movie, in my opinion much better than 'No country for old men', which I really liked also.

Daniel Day Lewis portrays an oilman at the turn of the century in California, trying to raise his son up to be the same, not all goes as planned.
He goes from rags to riches and displays alot of the corruption that can come with money and power.

The guy is an awsome actor!

Has anyone else seen a good movie good lately?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: The movie thread.....

I liked "no country for old men" quite well, haven't seen the other yet. I saw "21" sat night and it was quite good.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:56 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
I liked "no country for old men" quite well, haven't seen the other yet. I saw "21" sat night and it was quite good.
Just saw that recently. I liked it as well!! Guess I'll have to check " There Will Be Blood"

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-14-2008, 07:09 PM

onemorecast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Just saw that recently. I liked it as well!! Guess I'll have to check " There Will Be Blood"
I saw both. DDL's acting was flawless in There Will Be Blood. But the score for this movie irritated me so much I almost walked out of the theater in the first 5 minutes.

No Country for Old Men was excellent, and since the music didn't tick me off, I'd have to say it was better. But having already been a Javier Bardem fan, that's an easy pick.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecast View Post
I saw both. DDL's acting was flawless in There Will Be Blood. But the score for this movie irritated me so much I almost walked out of the theater in the first 5 minutes.

No Country for Old Men was excellent, and since the music didn't tick me off, I'd have to say it was better. But having already been a Javier Bardem fan, that's an easy pick.

I never seen Javier Bardem before this show, he is a good, and plays a real bad azz in that show.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-14-2008, 08:41 PM

fin??whatfin?? is on a distinguished road

i finally saw young guns 2.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

Not really a movie, but did anyone watch the 'John Adams' mini-series on H.B.O.?

I thought it was pretty good, we want to watch it again when they play all the episodes back to back.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:42 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Missed that one. Have you seen Charlie Wilsons War yet. Pretty good and its based on actual events.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

I did see 'CWW' and did like it.
Julia Roberts is still easy on the eyes too!!

Old 04-27-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
I did see 'CWW' and did like it.
Julia Roberts is still easy on the eyes too!!
Yes she is!!! I had no idea who CW was until I saw that movie. Got to like anybody who is into single malt. LOL