09-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Re: Yurt or Yert, probably doesn't matter....
Right now it looks like we're doing a 12' X 14' canvas.
I really don't mind going this route -vs- spending well over $800.00 for a room that we'll only sleep in.
With the larger tent, even tough it's only the 2 of us, atleast we will have enough room for a small sitting area if the weather gets a bit dicey, and enough room to stow the rest of our gear. The tent we've decided upon has a rain shield made from semi reflective material that in the cooler weather will atleast hold some heat when the heater is on in the a.m.
If the weather gets too bad we'll be heading South anyway, regardless if we have a room or not. Even at that if it's only a short bigger storm we can always get a room for a day or two, or tough it out in the tent.
It's good either way.
All I care is that I'm Steelheading!!!!!!
*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*