The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2005, 10:35 AM

freeze69 will become famous soon enoughfreeze69 will become famous soon enough
Default indiana trout fishing

was wondering if any could tell me flies that would work this time of year for trout in indiana this time of year? going out with big do next weekend for trout.(first time for me first time for big don with fly rod) should be interesting.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Chris Hewett will become famous soon enoughChris Hewett will become famous soon enough
Default Re: indiana trout fishing

Freezer
Try this link
http://www.midwesttroutflies.com/hat...iana-chart.htm

It has a chart for insects that are hatching in Indiana by month and the fly that matches them. They are selling the flies there but you can look at the patterns and tie them (or reasonable imitations) yourself.

Have fun. My advice? Concentrate on not scaring the fish (approaching the water and during casting) and in presenting the fly the way a natural insect would look to the trout and worry less about the exact type of fly you have.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:02 PM

thanks for the link. just talked to my peacock source bringing feathers today and many others from all over the bird. not sure what all she is bringing. if i end up with all the feathers that people are gathering for me i'll have tons of feathers.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Most of what is sold and used for fly tying are the tail feathers. I think their neck and chest feathers would be quite usefull too. Hmm, wings might be too.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:39 AM

she mainly grabbed tail feathers this time. did get some gorgeus wing feathers light golden brown. and got some light feathers look like maybe from leading edges of the wings not sure. she asked if those were the ones that i wanted and i told her that i'd take anything that she had.