The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default How bout them Broncos?

Spanking the Raiders is always a thrill. 41-14 was a joy to behold.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How bout them Broncos?

Yes, indeed! That was a fun game to watch on Monday night. The Raiders looked pretty good running the ball initially but the Broncos ended up shutting their running game down.

Larry
Old 09-12-2008, 02:38 PM

wtex50 will become famous soon enoughwtex50 will become famous soon enough

Were the Brochos playing a Pro team or a bad college team? I'm still trying to figure out how a 4-12 team versus a 2-14 team mad Monday Night Football
Old 09-13-2008, 07:56 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtex50 View Post
Were the Brochos playing a Pro team or a bad college team? I'm still trying to figure out how a 4-12 team versus a 2-14 team mad Monday Night Football
I'll grant you the Broncos haven't earned a Monday Night spot lately, but the classic Bronco/Raider rivalry is in itself a worthy game even if both teams were 0-16.
Why are the Browns on MNF 5 times this year? Go figure.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 AM

Good point - the Browns certainly didn't look real good against my Boys....Why they are only on MNF 1 time this year is beyond me. When I lived in Denver, I had to put up with all my inlaws being diehard Bronco fans...and lordy did they gloat when they won two SB's in a row.. I just told them when they have 5 they can brag....LOL....I'm not sure Denver did enough to shore up a really bad defense this year...it will be interesting to see.

Looks like Cutler is coming into his own this year though.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:43 PM

Yatahey - A great ending......too bad the Ref screwed San Diego out of the win by blowing his whistle too soon...but Cutler did make the two passes he needed to on 4th down and the extra point...What's up with Shanahan? Is he hearing the calls fo him to be fired? I can't believe he went for the 2 pt conversion - WOW
Old 09-15-2008, 07:24 AM

Re: How bout them Broncos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtex50 View Post
Yatahey - A great ending......too bad the Ref screwed San Diego out of the win by blowing his whistle too soon...but Cutler did make the two passes he needed to on 4th down and the extra point...What's up with Shanahan? Is he hearing the calls fo him to be fired? I can't believe he went for the 2 pt conversion - WOW
The early whistle was and is a problem in officiating throughout the year. It has gone for and against every team in the league. I'd just say, it was our turn to get lucky and lucky it was.
SD had two chances to make up for it and the ball was pushed back to the ten yard line making it harder for the Broncs to pull off the win. Cutler proved to be cool and professional and pulled it off. I was very impressed by the young man.
I haven't heard anything about rumors of Shanny's demise, except from a few crazy fans. After the game one of the talking heads said Shanahan has always been one of the most aggressive coaches in the NFL. Last year he got a little goofy, bad play calls, bad clock management, etc. He didn't have all the toys last year like he does this year so I think his confidence is much higher.
The Broncos are a young team. At times during the game there were 5 rookies in the huddle. I think it's a great tribute to the coaching staff to be able to turn those young players into pros so soon in their careers.
That being said, I'm just glad they beat SD anyway they can. Last years River's taunting and name calling still resonates in my ears. I think SD has become as heated a rivalry as the Raiders. The NFL needs more good rivalries like the old days.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:23 PM

flyflingerandy is on a distinguished road

And how about them Bills! I am a Missouri boy, in love with the Buffalo Bills! HAHA!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 AM

I've been tellin my Patriot fan friends to watch out for the Bills.
Their gonna take the division this year.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:08 AM

OK - I've been trying to be humble here but HOW bout them Boys!!!!!! The highest rated program ever on ESPN Monday night....What a great game!!! It scares me though that McNabb looks like he did 5 yrs ago...that is a problem for other teams...