The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 06:13 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Beware the thread killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Fogerty View Post
Axle, what makes you say that this forum has some of the best people overall, than most? I'm not questioning your statement. I'm curious as to why you said that?

BTW, I'm looking forward to your new Guns n Roses album. Keep up the good work, Axle.
OK, since you've asked:

I am a "member" of at least 3 other fly fishing forums. This one has the most participation and I have rarely, RARELY seen an argument of anything. Even when I first joined, people were stepping up to greet me and give me advice on even some of the most stupid questions. I have not "mentor" in fly fishing, I'm forced to learn this somewhat complex sport on my own.

Other forums (which I will not name, but you can find me if you look, and know what to look for), they give most other "newbs" a good beatdown on a regular basis. AND, most of the content is not at helping others (for the most part), but for other things....such as how much beer one drank while fishing, other things like that. No one steps up to assist anyone with questions.

I once owned a Corvette and was an active "member" of a forum for owning and modifying a Corvette. The same thing happened there. I would post a question or observation on a thread and it would die...instantly.

In the end, like real life, if most people don't know you, they either ignore you or cast disdain over what you say or ask. Perhaps I, naively, use forums to gather, and share, information from others who have more experience in subjects of interest to me. I check forums numerous times daily to see what has posted. I would assume that is the real purpose of a forum....

OH, and even I would not have anything to do with Chinese Democracy. That Axel should just stop...it's over and has been for a long time. That release has been pushed back and redone so much that there is no way that it could stand up to the hype that the "media" has created for it. Just my opinion....
Old 12-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

My "thread killer" post seems to have undone my thread killer status. I am not even close to being an only child by the way. I am the only one that flyfishes though. Does that count? I am going to give it another try.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:17 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Hooray for Diver Dan!!!

No one I know is counting! Glad to see you back!
Auntie Em
Old 12-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
My "thread killer" post seems to have undone my thread killer status. I am not even close to being an only child by the way. I am the only one that flyfishes though. Does that count? I am going to give it another try.
Great to hear DD. (Hummmmm double D, jealous....just kidding)
First off, I am going to say there is another forum in which there are several categories of fishing and I am a moderator on the FF and Tubing sites. I do go to the regular fishing forums to keep an eye out and I even post on non tactical subjects, but the fact I do ff and they know it, they tend to ignore me allot. TILL they have a question about taking up ff or where I caught a certain fish, never mind how. I hang in there though.

Secondly...you do count...you all count. I don't know what the reason for no one answering other than as Jackster said, a question about a subject we know nothing about, which is not to say we didn't read it.
I apologize that I didn't acknowledge the question with something to let you know that I read and I will try to correct that.

Also as mention, the summer and fall allot of us drop in briefly to read and that is about it. Bare with us.

Joni
Old 12-27-2008, 08:36 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Gosh, Joni. I can't EVEN imagine somewhere where they ignore you just cuz you're a (dare I day it?) GIRL!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

What can I say..."I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR" and in my hubby's case, "I am man, hear me snore!" LOL

WERE IS YOUR HUMMINGBIRD! LOL
Old 12-27-2008, 11:12 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Diver Dan, I am really sorry if I came off hard. Like Joni I get around to a lot of sites and see quite a bit from all over. It's just rare to hear someone mention that they didn't get an answer.
Besides... it happens all the time! http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...-web-7967.html

Again, sorry... Jackster, from a family of 10!