The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   Beware the thread killer (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/5991-beware-thread-killer.html)

Guest1 09-23-2008 12:41 AM

Beware the thread killer

I joined this site in June. Of the 7 threads I joined I seem to have killed 5 of them, was ingnored in one, and got 12 words from joni and a "and Diver," from FlyRichardsFly in another. I posted a question on 7/9/08 and have not had a single answer as of 9/23/08. This was the one and only question I asked. So in conclusion, bite me.

jclampwork88 09-23-2008 09:50 AM

Re: Beware the thread killer

In response to your question you asked. I have to say that during the busy summer months there are less responses. The winter time is the best time to post threads if you want a lot of responses. As you have probably noticed on this forum, there are alot of different types of people here that fish for different fish types, so if your question (I don't know what it was, sorry) was directed to a specific type of fishing, etc. there might not have been anyone that could give you a great answer. As far as I know, this forum hasn't been around for as long as some of the others, so give the people here a chance. There are good people here.

John

Fly2Fish 10-02-2008 12:32 AM

Whatever question you asked is long since stale by now. Try re-posting it. I've also found that questions asked under the General Discussion heading seem to get more views (& thus, more likelihood of an answer).

Jackster 10-02-2008 06:47 AM

Nice post!
I see you've read How to Win Friends and Influence People.
My best guess is that no one here has gone after certain fish with a spey rod if that is what you're whining about. Ya think?

You don't tell us a thing about yourself in your profile then expect instant gratification with free advice then gripe when you don't get it?
Only child, right?

Sheeesh! :doh:

Frank Whiton 10-02-2008 11:29 AM

Hi Jackster,

Just a ding dong minute there, I am an only child.:wink:

Lets give Dan another chance. After all he is a fly fisher.

Frank

cb1 11-21-2008 01:17 PM

Diver Dan. You are not alone in thinking yourself a thread killer. I seem to kill a few with my banter, However, I say: Post the question again and see what results you get this time.
I am new here and not a fly fisherman AND alas, I have so few teeth of my own that biting is not my scene either!:icon_bigg
But, I'll say Hi anyway my friend and hope you get satisfaction soon.

axle27 11-22-2008 08:10 AM

I've killed more than my share of threads, whether it's here, other forums I'm currently associated with or forums from the past on completely different topics.

I have to say that this forum has some of the best people, overall, than most.

mikeo 11-22-2008 08:53 AM

Try reposting your question -- and you may find that others on board do respond -- as Frank pointed out yours is a very specialized question -- not many fly fish for walleye, likely much less with a spey rod -- nice fish in your picture by the way -- but as for the rep of this forum or people on it, may I suggest you take some of the "bite" out of your choice of words -- this is a fine forum for all things fly fishing -- and even if your question went unanswered it certainly must have caused others to have something to "chew" on -- for one, it made me think about the use of a spey rod for a species I wouldn't have thought of before (not that might be of much help to you specifically -- but it did make me think) -- however for most of us here it is more important to get a "bite" from a fish (trout, bass, pike, tarpon, steelhead, salmon, walleye, or whatever) rather than to try to take a "bite" out of NAFF -- any way, I personally don't want to get into a "conflict" on this or any other forum -- there's enough unrest in the world already -- fly fishing brings me peace of mind -- besides the steelhead are on, so I'm hitting the river
Tight lines, Mike

Auntie Em 11-22-2008 09:16 AM

Clipped<
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Fogerty (Post 39147)
Axle, what makes you say that this forum has some of the best people overall, than most?

>
:icon_eek:Well!! I'm here now, right??
And I can do a mighty fine thread killing myself!

cb1 11-22-2008 06:14 PM

Jake, my permanent place is the back of the line! So much so that my name here was going to be: Andcb!
The 1 bit was only added because the site needed a 3 character name.
PS. I sent you a PM Dan.