The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   Gas prices??? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/6791-gas-prices.html)

fyshstykr 12-06-2008 01:58 PM

Gas prices???

What are you paying in your neck of the woods?
In my area(Northern Utah) I'm paying $1.79 for Reg Un-leaded.

Sure wish prices would have been like this during the growing season, my profit margin would have been a little better.

Auntie Em 12-06-2008 04:05 PM

Re: Gas prices???

$1.45 per gallon. Saw some place yesterday down to $1.34.

At this rate, how are we ever going to get solar or wind power up and running?

Joni 12-06-2008 04:34 PM

I have seen some in the S.L. area in the $1.42 range, and then there is always SMITH's ;-)

I am trying to figure out a way to store a summers worth of gas for next year. Does seem there is always a shortage a some other reason for rising prices just before Memorial day.

mcnerney 12-06-2008 05:51 PM

$1.53 per gallon around here, but like Joni said it will be short lived as spring gets here. The gas companies will be touting the next supply shortage and of course they will have to raise prices!

Larry

fyshstykr 12-06-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni (Post 40337)
I have seen some in the S.L. area in the $1.42 range, and then there is always SMITH's ;-)

I am trying to figure out a way to store a summers worth of gas for next year. Does seem there is always a shortage a some other reason for rising prices just before Memorial day.

Ah, the ol' pre-Memorial Day increase, ya gotta love that. :mad:

Sounds like a good idea Joni, but by the time you buy/rent the storage vessils, enough 'Stabil' to keep it fresh, permits, Security, and an area to store it you may as well just buy it next May 21st. lol

I wonder if there is anyway to pre-pay and let them hold it for us? :rolleyes: yea, right huh?

Jake, what does that convert to in U.S. $$? Wait a minute I may not want to really know what that is. lol

Auntie, what part of the country are you from?

Wyatt 12-07-2008 07:36 AM

Here in Colorado from Denver to Fort Collins I have gotten gas for $1.679 down to $1.549 and has been locked in for a couple of weeks.
Wyatt

mcnerney 12-07-2008 09:45 AM

Wow, I thought we had it tough. Jake if my figures are correct (1 liter = .264 gal) then your paying roughly $3.18/gallon. Ouch!

Larry

Hardyreels 12-07-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyshstykr (Post 40322)
What are you paying in your neck of the woods?
In my area(Northern Utah) I'm paying $1.79 for Reg Un-leaded.

Sure wish prices would have been like this during the growing season, my profit margin would have been a little better.

Hi Fysh,

Sore subject! $254.09/Gal. Why the hell would anybody in their right mind think that tearing up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge aka ANWR will change anything at all. I have made this place my home and expect to live here for the rest of my life. The Gas here is and has been more expensive than anywhere else in America since I first came here in 1989 during the EXXON Valdez spill.

What I mean is that "Drill Baby Drill" ala Palin will lead to nothing more than the loss of precious wilderness forever.

Sorry if this response sounds political it is not meant to be political. It is meant to be a statement of honest fact. The people who live here and want to rip this state apart with mines and wells remind me of children who will pee in the pool because they are ignorant of what they are doing.

I better back off now, I'm sorry if this rant offends anyone but we've just gotta find a better way.

fyshstykr 12-07-2008 06:33 PM

I'm with ya Hardy, and I will also leave it at that. I have other forums that I go to and fight and argue with the natives. lol

I had noticed that you were in Wasilla, and I wondered where you stood(if ya know what I mean).

Is there any chance that you can get the "Pebble Mine stickers with the red slash thrue them? I've been lookin for them. but cannot find them in the lower 48.

Arkie24 12-30-2008 12:34 PM

Here in Northwest Arkansas we are at 1.35 pg. Being in outside sales I had a couple months where my fuel bill was over 700.00! Its nice to see it back down.