The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Banned

cb1 is on a distinguished road
Default May I politely suggest an apology is due?

Sorry Cb1, no more apoligies are coming.

Goodbye,

Frank
Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May I politely suggest an apology is due?

I thought it was out of line too
But it's a new day
Let it go
Old 12-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Here's my honest take on the situation.

I think three people joined this forum with the intention of stirring up sh*t for their own amusement. I think that one in particular plays as though they are easily offended to a ridiculous degree to see how apologetic they can make a otherwise reasonable moderator become. After having found little success there, this person has directed more of their complaints at a different moderator who is quite honestly a nicer person than I am.

That said, I am eager to hear responses from as many forum members as possible regarding their take on the situation. I would put much more stock in this than the collaborative whining of a small group of rabble-rousers.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Oh, and I didn't close the thread or make any requests that it be done. I think it was done by a moderator eager to get discussions back to a more civil nature.

I make apologies when I think they are warranted.

Example: I would like to apologize to the forum members in general for having to hear about all this **** on a friendly fishing forum.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

Cliff is absolutely right that two of these three people thrive on outrageous post. They were given the opportunity to join in with discussions about fly fishing but refused to do that. These members owe NAFFF and its members an apology.

I will say the third member of the group made an effort to discuss fly fishing and she is still a member.

For those new members that don't know this board or its moderators I can tell you every effort was made to accommodate these people but they choose to disrupt the forum. I apologize to everyone that I let this go way too far and that mistake will not be made again.

Now, for sure lets talk fly fishing.

Frank
Old 12-17-2008, 05:39 PM

KRD will become famous soon enough

Do you ban there IP address or just the user name? Glad those 2 are gone. Let go bench fishin.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi KRD,

Unfortunately the software does not allow the IP to be blocked. But I do have the IP addresses and will look out for them.

Frank
Old 12-17-2008, 08:33 PM

MikeG will become famous soon enough

Is this forum Vbulletin?

And I am completely lost in this forum, why didn't you guys just delete it altogether?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:31 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

I probably need to throw an apology in here for all the distraction I prompted by originally calling Jake Fogerty to task for his tasteless (to say the least) irrelevant postings. I tried to put it in a polite way, but nevertheless got crapped on by him and his two cohorts, CB1 and Auntie Em (yes, let's state names here). At an earlier point in my life, I'd now have been flying around the world (CB1 seemed to be a Brit & Jake Fogerty a Canadian; Auntie Em from ?) punching them out , but at my current "mature" age, I just take a deep breath & blow it off. Frank is right that Auntie Em has legitimate fly-fishing postings, but the other two never posted anything remotely relevant. Interesting that all three joined at the same time, barely a month ago.

It's easy to say that their disruption went on way too long, but under the tolerant posting policy that this Forum wisely has followed, it's hard to know when the line of decorum has been crossed until after the fact. I'd like to commend the Monitors for their quick and decisive action once the problem became apparent, and again, I apologize for provoking all this.