The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 05:54 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default HOW ABOUT an off the wall ?

My wife and I have been talking about buying a couple guns and some amo before pres. elect obama screws things up. Not that we dont already have a few lol, but we were talking and we KNOW this is an extrem case, but lets say war breaks out, the economy REALY tanks, you know worst case type deal. Now lets say those of us that know how to hunt and fish and garden started doing more of it to survive. How many in here would start bait fishing more and doing what ever it took to catch fish to eat? I know, I know its off the wall, but,,,,,,,what if?
How many in here think they could live off the land if need be?
Bear
Old 12-31-2008, 06:02 PM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: HOW ABOUT an off the wall ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
My wife and I have been talking about buying a couple guns and some amo before pres. elect obama screws things up. Not that we dont already have a few lol, but we were talking and we KNOW this is an extrem case, but lets say war breaks out, the economy REALY tanks, you know worst case type deal. Now lets say those of us that know how to hunt and fish and garden started doing more of it to survive. How many in here would start bait fishing more and doing what ever it took to catch fish to eat? I know, I know its off the wall, but,,,,,,,what if?
How many in here think they could live off the land if need be?
Bear
At that point it wouldn't be fishing as a sport. I would do whatever it took to survive.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:24 PM

Fishstick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
At that point it wouldn't be fishing as a sport. I would do whatever it took to survive.
I'll echo OldMan
Old 12-31-2008, 07:04 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

I'd still fly fish for sport. I you hungry enough, shoot the fish.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:07 PM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough

arfish,

You think just like I do. I've already started...... and I'm a hunter also!
You can never have too many guns.

I think that I could almost live off the land.

"People are crazy, times are strange"
"I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range"
"I used to care, but things have changed"
- Dylan
Old 12-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to be as P.C. as I can and ask; What does your question have to do with "buying a couple Guns"? or as you say "Our President Elect Obama screwing things up"?

I for one would be more than willing to discuss such Political matters with you, but as we all know such a subject can be very touchy and emotionally charged, often to a point of severe contention between members. I would really hate to see this forum become as hostile between opposing points of view as some other forums I frequent.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-31-2008, 07:22 PM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
I'm going to be as P.C. as I can and ask; What does your question have to do with "buying a couple Guns"? or as you say "Our President Elect Obama screwing things up"?

I for one would be more than willing to discuss such Political matters with you, but as we all know such a subject can be very touchy and emotionally charged, often to a point of severe contention between members. I would really hate to see this forum become as hostile between opposing points of view as some other forums I frequent.
No need to push that part of the post. The question was, could we turn to using bait if we had to survive on what we caught?
Old 12-31-2008, 07:26 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Quote:

talking about buying the guns is what made me think of this question, like I said it was kinda off the wall. And I dont want this a political thing. Obama now with clintion with him, are two BIG gun haters, they are already talking banning guns, making you register amo and things like that. And I'm not saying dooms day is on the way, but alot of things going down now days makes one think a little. please don'e take this ? to serious.
Bear
Old 12-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
No need to push that part of the post. The question was, could we turn to using bait if we had to survive on what we caught?
I agree with you Oldman, but it was part of the post and I didn't know how else to say what I was thinking, that's why I said I was going to be as P.C. as I could.

It's all about the Love Brotha.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-31-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I agree with you Oldman, but it was part of the post and I didn't know how else to say what I was thinking, that's why I said I was going to be as P.C. as I could.

It's all about the Love Brotha.
dont worry about being P.C. with man I'm a big boy and belive each has the right to his/her thoughts and the right to voice them. Although mine get me into a little hotwater at times LOL. I dont get bent out of shape easly.
Like I said wasnt looking political and all that, it just kinda all ties into one another is all. So far all in all I have had no bad thoughts or anything about any one in here ya'all seem like good folks.
Bear