The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 09:43 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Putting a face to the name

Nice shot futuramille.
What I really want to see are the shots leading up to it. It looks like you have your hands full yet somehow managed to balance a fly rod on your neck.
I couldn't do that on a good day without losing the rod and probably the fish!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:20 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

LOL
Fly rod in left hand, fish in net (in water) after removing all hooks from fish and net.
put rod end over left shoulder with tip of cork on neck (ballance point) and remove left glove.
wet hands in water around fish...ask if son is ready for photo.
pull fish out and smile....fish swims away...(DH C&R section of the Chattooga river).
Not all that much drama really. I started putting my rod back there a couple years ago after almost loosing it in waist deep strong current while handling the fish with my rod under my arm....not really a trick anymore. Just a good way to free my hands for caring for the fish.

<sigh> ok, my son got a new camera for xmas so I'll get more photos of me this year I think. Here is a shot where I think I was about to retie his leader or change nymphs or some such...its become habbit. on a side note, don't let too much line or your flys be in the water when doing this....I got a strike once that almost took it!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by futuramille; 01-09-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

JJ,
Something to be said for having the balance point right at the winding check eh/ Nice step by step there bud,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-09-2012, 05:07 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

The <sigh> was because I didn't want to post that pic making my 5' 9" 180lb look like 280. For some reason I feel inclined to carry with me every fricken fly I own and fill every vest pocket. I know other frequent tiers that do the same. Is out a tier thing or what.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Some guys carry a lot, some guys just a little. Although the main prompt for my becoming a minimalist was the pain in the clavicle and trapezoid muscles that was being wrought by an overstuffed Stream Designs vest, there was also a bit of vanity at play as well. After seeing a couple pictures of myself all decked out I realized that I looked pregnant. Little by little I experimented with ways to carry less, a sort of weening if you would. The picture below was taken this last fall in the mountains and that's how I roll now, unless I wear a jacket. One fly box, a spool of leader and my rod & reel.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

With jacket I usually have 2 boxes and my Leatherman in the pockets and that's about it.

Ard

Old 01-09-2012, 05:57 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
LOL
Fly rod in left hand, fish in net (in water) after removing all hooks from fish and net.
put rod end over left shoulder with tip of cork on neck (ballance point) and remove left glove.
wet hands in water around fish...ask if son is ready for photo.
pull fish out and smile....fish swims away...(DH C&R section of the Chattooga river).
Not all that much drama really. I started putting my rod back there a couple years ago after almost loosing it in waist deep strong current while handling the fish with my rod under my arm....not really a trick anymore. Just a good way to free my hands for caring for the fish.

<sigh> ok, my son got a new camera for xmas so I'll get more photos of me this year I think. Here is a shot where I think I was about to retie his leader or change nymphs or some such...its become habbit. on a side note, don't let too much line or your flys be in the water when doing this....I got a strike once that almost took it!

Click the image to open in full size.
I like the Henry Blake hat! (MASH) milt.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice pics futuramille!

ard, i am hoping that i can join you on that stream (first pic) some day

casey

ARFE
Old 01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Administrator

It's winter and this is how I look most often right now.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

silver fox? great hat

casey

ARFE
Old 01-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Russian Blue & Beaver, real similar fur, thanks Casey. It's an old picture but I was just trying to get some more people to update or post. The picture is only from last February or March and I looked just like that today.

BTW, Seward Highway has been closed since 8:30 AM today and will remain closed until at least noon tomorrow. High winds up to 97 mph along Turnagain Arm are driving snow to blinding conditions. Also there were 2 avalanches, one near McHugh Creek and another at Bird Point. The one at Bird has the road blocked and the one at McHugh only covered part of the road.

Have you looked at what happened in Cordova? They got the snow Hammer.