The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree429Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 05:36 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting a face to the name

Great pic, Rip!

Fryeburg still has a lot of good water - have you been back recently?

Pocono
Old 01-21-2012, 07:31 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Found these two photos today....

I started early, snagging plastic fish in the tub - '67
Click the image to open in full size.

North Texas - '69
Old 02-13-2012, 01:25 PM

bluedaksi will become famous soon enoughbluedaksi will become famous soon enough

Here's a pic of me from last May:

Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Blue: That is a great setup you have, are you still spin fishing or have you moved on to fly fishing?

JJ: Great photos, they remind me of my grandson, I will send you a photo so you can see what I mean.

Larry
Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Thanks Larry, I'm told I had no less than 5 men helping with that bass and it was fish of the day.
We lived in San Antonio and my parents ran a weekend retreat for service men out of Fort Sam Houston. We would take them someplace every weekend and sometimes up into the "big bend" area. that's where this photo was taken, fishing the Rio Grande' I believe. The service men were drafted and taking training to be medic's. 50 to 150 would be there every weekend and we lived in the complex. They were all young guys, away from home and thier families. I was in the middle of everything of course, no lack of "we'll watch him for you Mrs Jordan" volunteers. My father had no interest in fishing but these gents helped get me hooked on fishing.... before leaving for Vietnam.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:17 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

My dad was at Sam Houston for medic training right around that time... I'll have to ask if he was ever involved with that retreat!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-17-2012, 07:20 AM

Everywhere I've gone, I've met men who went through there and knew my parents. Makes "small world" so obvious through the years. It was "Seventh Day Adventist" based organization but open to anyone. Was a big mansion they bought, across from San Pedro park, north west of the hemisphere tower.

Christians that got drafted but wanted to stay non combative elected to do Medic work. Chester and Annie Jordan are my parents names in case he was there.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:33 AM

bluedaksi will become famous soon enoughbluedaksi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Blue: That is a great setup you have, are you still spin fishing or have you moved on to fly fishing?

JJ: Great photos, they remind me of my grandson, I will send you a photo so you can see what I mean.
Thanks! I've dabbled in the past, but I am on a mission this year to become a competent fly angler. That's why I stumbled upon and subsequently joined The Fly Fishing Forum - So much fantastic information here! (and I know how to use the search function) As soon as I have a good photo of myself with a fly-caught fish, I'll be sure to update here.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 PM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road

Figured it was time for me to show my ugly mug
Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Here I am working my 5wt for the first time

And this was the beginning and end of my modeling career - The ACF lid!

And here with the kit i bought when i moved to Philly - it had been a while then since i'd tied flies, so i had to relearn it all.
kelkay likes this.

Addicted To Vise