The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Putting a face to the name

All right, here goes nothing:

Click the image to open in full size.

A little Hot Creek action in mid March of this year.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:13 PM

silvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the rough

Its not usual that someone takes my pic...normally the other way around...

this is two years ago...so you can see where the "silvertip" comes from...t

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 06-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Better late than never!

Like silvertip8k above, it's rare I get out from behind the camera these days but I do like to get the occasional photo for my records too just to prove I do exist.
imxer, Hardyreels, Pocono and 8 others like this.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:33 PM

silvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the rough

better late the never...you seem to have all the required items for your pic...good smile...and nice fish...
Hardyreels, Editor and troutnut4 like this.

public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed

my blog & website
Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip8k View Post
better late the never...you seem to have all the required items for your pic...good smile...and nice fish...
I'll be straight up here: I find the thought of your post to be most "offensive." (The 'rolleyes') I liken this Fora as a British Pub, save for no bar fights. You talk, you share information, some times you have to 'vent' as something personal has hit the fan.

No booze is served here, but what you have is, over many years, deep friendships with people you're never likely to meet. A photo, a deeper connection. A face with the name.

At 71 I have many life stories, this one from 45-50 years ago. At the local tackle Emporium to buy this or that (none fly fishing) and older Gentleman was at the counter with a young lady (later find out his Daughter). Legally blind. Fellow behind the counter was not having a good time suggesting gear. I had no issue with that and asked if I could "make some suggestions."

He and I fished together two/three times per month from 1982 to 1984, until I moved to California for an employment opportunity. Would pick him up and off to the river (usually the Skykomish). Rig him out, get him squared away and let his mind/memory do the rest.

Total mind-meld, couldn't see diddly, but could feel the lightest touch.

Me? His hands on my face/head and body. And no, he wasn't 'Gay.' Other Fellows on the beach gave him all the room in the world. "There but the Grace of God go I."

Winter fishing and someone would crank off a beach fire (you could do that then, no idea about now) and grilled Hamburgers/trimmings. On occasion 'Stake' and foil wrapped spuds, eat ,,,, drink and into tents/sleeping bags. (Read 'drunk')

Greatest memory was the 'Guys' kicking our tent and "Get the hell out of you two, its almost day light and time for breakfast."

End game was (I'll leave the name of the fishing club out of this) 'You have no imperatives, you just need a bit of help.'

Joined the 'Club' when I was 16 or 17 and still a paid up dues member.

Frederick A. Evans
Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 PM

Fred did I say something wrong...I hope not...I was actually pretty endeared to the remark and pic by our editor friend...and was only making a friendly remark...and compliment

rolling your eyes for sure does not necesarilly mean anything dergotory...I thought it was sort of a grin/laugh icon.??

sorry for anyone that thought otherwise...this is where this internet stuff gets all messed up...

public water 20"er
public land pope & young

my blog & website
Old 07-31-2013, 04:21 PM

quijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura about

New to the forum, figures this is a good way to say hi.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
mcnerney, kelkay, von behr and 1 others like this.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:43 PM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip8k View Post
Fred did I say something wrong...I hope not...I was actually pretty endeared to the remark and pic by our editor friend...and was only making a friendly remark...and compliment

rolling your eyes for sure does not necesarilly mean anything dergotory...I thought it was sort of a grin/laugh icon.??

sorry for anyone that thought otherwise...this is where this internet stuff gets all messed up...
Nothing wrong with your comment. Great picture of the Editor and that beautiful fish. I can't see why anyone would find your comment "offensive". Chalk it up to a bad day maybe.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:40 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by quijibo View Post

New to the forum, figures this is a good way to say hi.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Ryan,

Welcome to the forum. That looks like a really fishy spot.

-VB
Old 08-02-2013, 04:49 PM

quijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura aboutquijibo has a spectacular aura about

It is very fishy.
Thanks for the welcome.