The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 AM

MontanaMoose will become famous soon enoughMontanaMoose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Putting a face to the name

My most recent pic...at the helm of the fly fishin' bud's sled on the Umpqua.

Click the image to open in full size.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose
Old 01-23-2009, 07:54 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

this is me at devils lake state park in the best state ever..wisconsin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flyfishblog.jpg (57.6 KB, 136 views)
Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmooney View Post
this is me at devils lake state park in the best state ever..wisconsin!
Nice Shades...and them SHORTS I love em
Old 01-24-2009, 05:59 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
Yeah, I love my old Pearson, but you can just see the tip of my homemade longbow. But, as time has mostly caught up with me, I can't draw a bow anymore. Torn cuffs in each shoulder put an end to my bowhunting. But every so often, I'll go get a tube of Ben-Gay and go shoot, just to remember.

Here's me and my Pop after a little Osage harvest. I got 6 bows out of those logs. I lost my Pop in 2007.

Hey Kid, any harvest is a trophy. Osage is the best in my opinion, but don't limit yourself, experiment with ash and hickory. And keep the screen name, Joni's right, you'll always be a kid.

Lee
BadKarma,

Sorry to hear about your dad.

What I'm about to say is going to sound a little "out there" and, perhaps a step too far, but if you really love bow hunting, then there is a method of drawing a longbow that requires very little, if any, muscle tension (which should meet the demands of your torn shoulder cuffs). Get yourself a used copy of a 1948 book by Eugen Herrigel call "Zen in the Art of Archery". In this book, which is short, you'll find a method of drawing a longbow that may work for you. I know that recurves and compounds have considerably more tension in them than a longbow, but I think you might at least want to give this book a look. If you can't find a copy, then I can lend you mine. Just a thought.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:43 PM

BadKarma is on a distinguished road

Pocono,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had looked that up at the library and found out I suffered from another malady, Gorillaitus. Thats when you don't feel comfortable unless your shooting a bow with a pull only you and King Kong can pull. I've always shot bows over 65lbs. And I know that a 45lbs will get the job done, I just don't have the confidence to take a shot at a deer. It's a mental block that I just can't seem to get around.

But thanks anyway. It seems as though the trout have taken up the slack in causing me even more frustration than the deer ever did.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

We need some of the lurkers to post up the photos here....................come on don't be shy..............
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Here is one of me and my fishin buddy.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:53 PM

jebson38 is on a distinguished road

Caught on a 6'6 3wt

Surf fishing with a 13 foot rod, 8 oz of weight, and a big ole sea mullet head...
Old 01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Jebson,

Looks like your picture didn't work. Here is a link to a FAQ that tells you how to post a picture on NAFFF.

Frank
Old 01-26-2009, 05:34 PM

shorthaul will become famous soon enough

Weekend before Thanksgiving '08
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aPicture 006s.jpg (30.0 KB, 183 views)