The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Banned

hari001 is on a distinguished road
Default Health

Hi,
Hello everybody, I am Jimmy from Canada and I want to tell you something about the health. We have to give special attention to our health because health is complete wealth. Please keep away from the diseases like fat, blood pressure, hepatitis 'b' etc.

Jimmy
Old 01-19-2009, 08:04 AM

OldMan will become famous soon enoughOldMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Health

Is it ok to fish?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Jimmy,

I moved your post over to The Lodge Den as it is not about fly fishing. Did you join to discuss fly fishing or to give your message?

To all,

Jimmy does present a good topic that will affect our fly fishing futures. I know we have a few fly fishers that are over weight or headed in that direction. After 50 I had to watch my diet and exercise. It has been hard, very hard, to keep my weight under control. I am still in good enough shape to back pack at 74. I would love to take my son on a back pack trip into the high Sierra's and introduce him to some heavenly spots that are breath taking. Unfortunately he is way over weight and can't get the mail without huffing and puffing. He likes to fish but it has to be trolling from a boat with lots of beer and cigarettes. I worry all the time that I will out live my son.

I don't know how many more years I will be able to wade a stream but keeping in good physical shape will surly extend that time. The older I get the harder it is to control my diet and exercise. So I hope some of you who might be on the wrong health trail, will take steps to improve your situation. Good health will definitely impact your years of fly fishing. Your family and friends will appreciate your efforts.

Frank
Old 01-19-2009, 09:46 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Some months back a woman from this same group posted a similar message on a hiking board I belong to.
I think that they're just trying to get their message out
...good for them.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Good to hear it may actually be a "for real" post!! Thought it was Fogarty!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:05 AM

flyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura aboutflyfisher45 has a spectacular aura about

Health is very important.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

All-

Yeah, we've been bombarded by a lot of folks under different user names and IPs with some sort of lame non-fly fishing related message wanting to make new friends etc, with the same link at the bottom purporting to go to some drug addiction rehab site, usually from a state no where near where the user claims to be based-- I don't know what they're up to but doubt it's legit. I dumped the link on this one in the event it's just there to capture data from board members, and will continue to ban these new "users" (granted probably a poor choice of words in this case) from the board as they pop up. The English is usually a bit "off" also in these posts-- nothing wrong with that in and of itself, mine often is, but i wouldn't be shocked to learn that this originated in some far off distant land--- further off and more distant than our friends to the North.

Just leaving this thread up so folks can see what's going on. Perhaps my skepticism is unwarranted. If so, I wish them well, but based on the attempt to blanket the site with similar posts I'm thinking they should get dumped.

It would be different if this was a member "in good standing" with other posts related to fly fishing that wanted to post a link to a legit org of some sort in his/her signature line and if there was an issue of some sort for some reason, I would ask for an explanation (or explained the reasons if any action were taken) via PM to the member.

Just wanted to let you know where I'm coming from on this, but perhaps I'm being too harsh...? Frank if you want me to restore privileges, I'd be happy to.

peregrines
Old 01-19-2009, 12:33 PM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

You diligence is well appreciated.