The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

I spent the last two weeks working on our cabin in the Bush. It is a 74 mile one way ride by river boat and just getting all the gear you need there to work is a challenge. This is why you are not seeing pictures of me holding fish and smiling. This trip I stripped it to get ready for new finish and cleared the bush because it is constantly trying to take back the land. It sits on a large lake and we have a 650' beach, our own bog and 32 acres of woods. The building is 24' X 32' with a big loft up and currently one big 24' X 24' room down. There is a bridge that goes out to the two big windows in the front gable. It has a good view from there.
Attachment 2498I just put those two top windows in the gable.

Attachment 2499It has two floors

Attachment 2500I leave Monday to put new windows in this side

Attachment 2501This is the lake looking south from shore

There are some really good creeks and rivers to fish for trout and salmon out there and very few people. The catch is you gotta work on the camp if you want a nice place to live when you are there. I miss fishing every day but this is a worth while job. Someday it'll be ready for us to live there year round.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front0001.jpg (102.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Cabin rear0001.jpg (96.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Cabin side0001.jpg (97.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Hewitt Lake0001.JPG (78.1 KB, 71 views)

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-26-2009, 04:07 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Here some of my favorite pic's...from this spring

Cooks Brook Falls:

Click the image to open in full size.

Fiddleheads:

Salmon Stream Lake......Mt Katahdin....God's Country!!!!

Ignore the wierd dates on the pics.......forgot to reset after putting fresh rechargeables in.......always forgetting to reset date time.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 06-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

When you can't fish...................................

June is a special time here in Alaska and many other parts of North America also. Today I had to make a trip to Anchorage and knowing that the Wild Blue Flags would be blooming near Eklutna I took the camera along for the ride. You see these all over the country and if you are lucky you'll find the Yellow Flag variety.

These are the wild Iris.

Attachment 2514Click the image to enlarge; Try the resize button in the top left of the image after you open it up!

Attachment 2515

Attachment 2516

Attachment 2517

No, I don't have any fancy photoshop software to make the pictures look good, the flowers are just that pretty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue Flag0001.jpg (61.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Flag0001_1.jpg (71.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Flag pair0001.JPG (82.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Flag detail0001.JPG (97.5 KB, 56 views)

Old 06-28-2009, 06:18 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Great stuff Ard, love the cabin. It looks like a place you can realy enjoy. and the flowers are pretty.
Bear
Old 06-28-2009, 06:34 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Here are a few recent photos, the first is a 4lb 1oz crappie I caught a couple weeks back, it missed the state rec. by 5 oz's. The next two are of an Eastern Fence Lizard I caught on a hikeing Trip, brought him home and let him loose in the front yard to help keep bugs down, and the last one is a wild flower that grows down by the wet season creek in the front yard.
Its called Spigelia Marilandica.
Hope you enjoy
Bear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1780.jpg (94.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1757.jpg (79.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1759.jpg (93.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1768.jpg (102.2 KB, 53 views)
Old 06-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Thanks Bear, and cool lizard! That is a really big crappie too.

Thanks for putting them up,

Ard

Old 06-28-2009, 01:14 PM

Thank you and your welcome glad you liked them
Bear
Old 06-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: I really love your cabin! Now I understand why you are putting in all the hard work.......it is well worth the effort! Love the flowers also.

Bear: Wow, that is one large crappie!

Here is a link to some photos of my fishing over on the Yampa River, CO this past weekend in case you missed the post.
http://www.yukonforge.com/YampaRiver.htm

Larry
Old 06-29-2009, 09:12 AM

Thanks, yeah he was a beast
Looks like you had a great time hiting thos bows, good pics
Bear
Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 PM

Waterboy is on a distinguished road

sorry, i screwed my pic up.