The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1048Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 02:37 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

It's one of those flies that just gets more and more lethal with each fish that hits it.
Thanks for the kind words Sep.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Click the image to open in full size.

8 inch copperhead found on a critter search yesterday
Hardyreels and joebloe like this.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I always had a hard time spotting them and once stepped on one, good shot Mike.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-22-2012, 11:37 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I always had a hard time spotting them and once stepped on one, good shot Mike.
you got that right, I have a few shots looking down at it and this lil guy disapears easy. awsome camo.
Mike
Old 06-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

You've seen this before but since we've gotten onto the subject............ I developed an interest in the Eastern Timber Rattler as I matured. My feelings about them morphed from fear & loathing to wonderment over the years between age 10 and 45. Many times I did not have a camera to record the specimens I encountered but this day back in 2001 I did. The yellow phase pictured was one of perhaps 2.5 dozen large rattlers I found over the years ranging from prue velvety black to this color variation.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:02 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

That's a really amazing shot Ard, I bet you didn't have the 28mm lens on for that one!

This week I fished a new stream over in the dry hills on the East side of the divide, my buddy I was with kept telling me it was rattlesnake country. I've never seen one. At the end of the day, exhausted and not paying attention on the trail 50' from the road I glanced down and caught the long form and pattern just under me and said something like "whoaaaoaow" ... but I saw the tail and no rattle. It was 4' long bull snake, a real beauty. I've always liked snakes.

This is just such a classic shot with the rattle up in the air.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

New stuff from me

Carp details

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 06-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Administrator

When the entire flower bed gets into bloom I'll tell the story on the blog page here. I have worked for years to establish a wildflower bed right in front of our home. This year there are close to 150 lupine plants reaching maturity and flowering. There are other species of flowers growing there also but I never know what they are until they bloom....

The tiny blue flowers around some of the Lupies are Forget Me Not and a few Wild Poppies are blooming now too. I'll post more when they take off good.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 PM

joebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura aboutjoebloe has a spectacular aura about

don't remember if I'd posted this one before - from a few years back - after putting in a full day on the Salmon River with the guys -
Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Administrator

If I had it to do over......... I probably would not have worn sweats but we were on the way to go fishing and they were to be under my waders

This is me focusing on a picture last week;

This is what I was twisting the lens in on;

Then this..............