The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1053Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

I got a new detail enhancment plug for photoshop from the awesome people at Topaz Labs, I went into it with a 30 day trial but Im going to buy it, I love it. Here is a reprocess of one of my favorite shots, its even better then before.

Click the image to open in full size.

This was one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken and its even higher in the list now with the new edit. Its just so clean, sharp, bokeh filled and colorful. Plus it was in one of the few places I dont complain about being cold in.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-09-2012, 10:27 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Topaz really does some awesome stuff. That is a killer shot Geoff, made all the better by the post-work.

Now to preface this next one, I DIDN'T TAKE THIS PHOTO. My buddy Drew was manning the soul-stealer, as he often does. He is a great photographer and a great friend and I love fishing with him for both reasons. All photo credit goes to Drew for this one, with the regular "All Rights Reserved" disclaimer and such. But I really like this shot, it reminds me of one of my favorite streams and a great day out fishing.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That is a nice one AJ, I am sorting photos for a web site and ran across a fishing picture taken by Nancy September of 2011.

Fising for char in sun & shade Brings back memories.
imxer likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
That is a nice one AJ, I am sorting photos for a web site and ran across a fishing picture taken by Nancy September of 2011.

Fising for char in sun & shade Brings back memories.
Ard: What a great photo, that intense concentration on your face reminds me of the photos of those bears at the top of the falls in Katmai NP waiting for the next salmon to jump up the falls so they can nab a dinner.

Larry

Old 12-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

There were fish that were hanging along the edges because the creek was full of sockeye that were very aggressive so I had to try to keep the fly making arcs right along the shore line. I guess I was pretty into it.

I took this picture later the same day on the same creek as one very large sockeye grabbed another large fish and they tumbled and wrestled because the large fish got too close to the very large fishes hen.

There are char and a few trout that do hang out around the reds but if I try to catch them I end up getting hold of one of the sockeye every other try. The smart flies stay out of the fray and find a spot with no giant sockeye's with the big hooked jaws lined with teeth. Many salmon are covered with battle scars by the end of the spawning season.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Got to play with a friends Ball Python tonight. its too cold to find wilds so this will have to do.
Hardyreels, newby and thorsten like this.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Hi Mike,

Although I have thoroughly enjoyed photographing North American snakes I've never been much for the imports. That does not mean you don't have a neat picture, just not my favorite from you.

Here's a close study head shot that I really like

How bout a fish buddy
thorsten likes this.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:13 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

i certainly enjoy photographing the wilds much more, tho when its 30 degrees and lower outside, that wont be happening till spring sadly. so ill take any opportunity to play with a herp for now no matter the species. I need to get out in the creek soon for some fishing and photos indeed. great head shot
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:02 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

Okay, while we're showing wildlife head shots...

A bluebird youngster giving me his best pissed-off WTF look after crashing into the glass door of my home office space last week. Serves him right for pooping all over my truck doors while fighting with himself in the sideview mirrors.

Sep
Old 12-14-2012, 04:19 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

He's a scrapper! milt.