The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 09:29 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Last batch...

From the iPhone
My father-in-law and brother preparing my wife's grandfather's burial flag:
Click the image to open in full size.

Heading home from fishing in the SNP:

Sharing morning light with my wife:

Exploring my brother's farm in Ohio:

From the Canon:

Reading our inscriptions on our honeymoon-Kauai

Stranger fishing the morning jetty:

Morning on the lake:

Deer at the golf course (long Canon 100-400 L series)...

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Okay a couple more from my last trip. Taken with the Olympus Tough TG-2. Then, post production in FX Studio Pro on Mac...

Sign that good times are are ahead:

Nothing like fishing with cows:

A fishing buddy:

I never really took a close look at the GOLD in a rainbow's eye:

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 03-24-2013, 03:59 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Great pictures there Shotgun!

Here's a photo taken by my buddy Drew of me fishing the other day, snow still falling. Winter hasn't relinquished its grasp yet.
Drew passed the camera to me later on, as I've been working on getting better with the DSLR. Here's a shot of a brown trout's lateral line:
I'm really enjoying working with the DSLR, looking forward to playing with it more this week.
jpbfly, jaybo41, williamhj and 2 others like this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-27-2013, 09:37 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

had more fun than should be legal while getting to ones destination today..

Now i kinda hope it rains tomarrow....
jpbfly, pkins44, thorsten and 2 others like this.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Great stuff guys!

Time for a guess what it is photo; it is not a trick picture, not eited, it's the way it looked.
jaybo41, pkins44 and thorsten like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

jpbfly, williamhj, pkins44 and 1 others like this.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics everyoneArd with all the strange pics you've posted ...are you sure you spent a few weeks at the cabin or...on Mars?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Hi JP,

I was actually out there from December 23 2012 until 2 days ago excepting 2 3 day visits home to resupply building materials. I got up every night at 11:00 PM and again at 1 or 2 AM to put wood on the fire and so every night I searched the skies for the Aurora. Other than a faint glow to the north each night I was disappointed until 3:00 AM on March 17th. Of course it was -14 degrees Fahrenheit when I noticed things seemed to be active in the skies above.

[CENTER]I have not enhanced the pictures for appearance, what you see is what the sky looked like.

The somewhat grainy effect in the images is the result of 'digital noise', this is caused by using an ISO setting of 800 and a shutter speed of 13 - 15 seconds. The reds and greens were very present in some displays.

The bright glow at horizon I can not explain. The photo was shot at nearly a due North orientation at 3 AM.
jpbfly, jaybo41, bear 007 and 1 others like this.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

another amazing pic!!!thanks for sharing
Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Administrator

I'm working with Photoshop Elements 10 to try reducing the noise and cool the color transfer a little. I have a hard time discerning whether they are getting better or not. How does this look to you?

What I need if I'm to get really good images of these displays is a Sigma 24 mm f-1.8 lens. The difference in maximum aperture from an f-4.5 to an f-1.8 would make it possible to be shooting these with shutter speeds around 4 seconds or less depending on the intensity of the display.

This was done with my Sigma 50 mm f-2.8, what a difference.

madjoni, jaybo41, dhayden and 1 others like this.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:26 AM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

AWESOME PICTURES - THANKS FOR SHARING

THORSTEN