The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1095Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Show us Your Photography

i love the look of those snake river cutthroats, they just look way cooler then the ones we have in some of the creeks here.

great pictures everybody.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromney View Post
Larry,
Awesome pictures! I used to travel a lot going back and forth from Cache Valley, Ut to Sheridan, Wy passing though Lander and Thermop. That is a great stretch and I bet it's even better on a bike!

Thanks for posting!

Clint
Clint: You're absolutely correct, on a bike that ride is awesome.

Troutwhisperer: I know what you mean, the cutty's are beautiful. Wish I lived a little closer.

Larry
Old 07-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Photos from The Bush

Not much time to write a long text but here's some stuff from my past three weeks at the our camp at the lake. There was a bit of a heat wave right after the fourth of July, it was 86* on the porch till the sun came around then it was hotter.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Default More pictures from the Outback

Generally I find some pretty cool stuff around the cabin, this is Alaskan Dog Wood after the blooms have passed.

These are the leaves of water Lilies after a rain;

This is a flowering Water Lily

This is the lakeside of the cabin with all the new glass installed.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: Love your photos! All the work on the cabin sure is paying off, it looks great.

Larry
Old 08-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Larry,

I chinked the entire interior last week. The week before I put a fresh coat of stain on all the logs. I have enough T-111 under the building to skirt it with but have to frame out the piers before I can mount the skirting. The new windows are two 36 X 60" picture windows with a 36 X 24 in the middle. The view of the lake from inside is incredible.

I've done a lot of Bush clearing also. Each time we get a good rain I burn the brush piles. We have a high flow Honda water pump on the lake shore so there is no danger of the fire getting out of control. It has been a full summer of work.

I'm headed to Willow Creek in the morning.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Here's the view from the new glass;

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Here's the new chink job;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 08-02-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Add content
Old 08-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Ard: The new windows certainly gives you a great view of the lake. I sure like the look of the logs, the stain has done a great job bringing out the color in the wood!

Larry

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Here are a few pictures of Rocky Mountain National Park. The wife and I did a big loop on the bikes today and went across Trail Ridge Road which crosses RMNP, I think the top is a little over 12,000 ft, but the weather today was gorgeous. Lots of bikes up there, most are travelling through to Sturgis which starts on Monday.

Click the image to open in full size.

Larry
Old 08-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Administrator

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default Finaly got some fish

Took a short trip down a local river yesterday. The water was torn up and visibility was near 0 or 10% but I know this area and I know the bottom. We were alone and there were many sockeye in the trench. There is a deep troth down the far side of the river.

The day was sunny and turned quite warm by afternoon. The orange flies were made of dyed bunny fur and the blue one I call The German. Nothing fancy but in low visibility they are my go to wets.

Early in the day, sunny but still a little cool;

Around noon it warmed up and I am fishing deep in the trench;

After a trip to shore I put the grab on another one;

Nancy worked really hard but lost her red right at shore. They come off the hook at the worst times. She had a ball and is becoming a good caster. Now I have to teach her how to "Be the fly" ya gotta know what that fly is doing if you are going to consistently catch fish.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Ard: Great pictures and congrats on the sockeye! Wow, the water visibility is down. Looks like you had a great time on the water. Boy do I miss fishing for Sockeye's.........nothing better than a fresh Sockeye on the grill.

Larry