The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 06:36 AM

chechem has a spectacular aura aboutchechem has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Click the image to open in full size.

Not great photography, but fun angle. I'm learning how to take pics of live fish by myself (without undue stress on the fish or me).
shotgunfly likes this.

Last edited by chechem; 10-10-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I'd rather see them in the water than on the rocks if they are to be released. I've taken a few salmon pictures where I slid the fish to the gravel because I wanted to demonstrate the size. At the time it seemed reasonable but when I look at the pictures I wish I had just held them by the tail and did the best I could.

Most of the pictures I have of salmon on shore, the fish are dead and so it didn't matter. On a side note; I've seen many of them beach themselves when they get carrying on near shore so snapping a photo and then pushing them off may be OK......................

Nice shot, you should post more often,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-14-2013, 06:44 PM

chechem has a spectacular aura aboutchechem has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I'd rather see them in the water than on the rocks if they are to be released. I've taken a few salmon pictures where I slid the fish to the gravel because I wanted to demonstrate the size. At the time it seemed reasonable but when I look at the pictures I wish I had just held them by the tail and did the best I could.

Most of the pictures I have of salmon on shore, the fish are dead and so it didn't matter. On a side note; I've seen many of them beach themselves when they get carrying on near shore so snapping a photo and then pushing them off may be OK......................

Nice shot, you should post more often,
Ard
Thanks for the kind words.
I agree; underwater is much better than a chance at killing them.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:24 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

todays ride was a solo ride in a great playground of outdoor awesomeness.
milt spawn likes this.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Mike,

It's obvious that you were experiencing Bike Love.
mbphotos54 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a bad thing happen and thought this would be the best place to share it and warn you.

Most of us these days have digital cameras with chips you can put about a thousand photos on. Many of those same cameras will also take video, which is a memory eating endeavor. Because it is, I have two chips. I keep the video on one till I download it and create new space. As some of you are aware, Spring (which this year can at best be laughingly called that) up here is extremely busy. We get just a ton of Walleye fishermen hitting the river as the ice goes off. This keeps me working long, early hours and I see a bunch of amazing things. Some of it video worthy.

I swapped chips for shooting some video, put the photo chip in the plastic case that they come in and stuck it back in my camera case. My camera uses the little mini-sd cards. It moved as I snapped it shut and it bent in the center. It also broke connections inside and rendered it useless and the photos unretrievable.

On the bright side, I regularly backup the chip and had done so just a couple of days earlier. I lost very little except the cost of a replacement chip and a couple of photos, including the first fish of the open water season, which was the first fish on my 14' T&T. and some pretty good ice out in progress shots.

If you don't do it already, you really should back up your photos. Those chips they are on are not forever.
Hardyreels and shotgunfly like this.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:41 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

An old haunt for stillwater fly fishers out this way. The always - so windy, Martis Lake - near Truckee, CA. at twilight.

This is more or less a test to see what kind of reproduction quality I can get from our NeatReciepts portable business receipt scanner. The scanned image was taken with a point & shoot and is a standard sized 35mm print ( drug store developing ), uploaded to a PC, cropped - resized. Then forwarded on to one of my photo albums here at NAFFF, where it was resized again.

Survey says???

TT
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 PM

bpeterson will become famous soon enough

I just got into photography so I have a good bit of photos... Sorry! Lol
Hunting trip to Kansas:
And on the last morning...

Some duck hunting:
paymaster, ted4887 and flyfishmich like this.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 PM

bpeterson will become famous soon enough

Some more...
Shooting skeet:

Training my buddies dog:

Some scouting pics... Wish I had my good camera:
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
paymaster and ted4887 like this.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I just had a bad thing happen and thought this would be the best place to share it and warn you.

Most of us these days have digital cameras with chips you can put about a thousand photos on. Many of those same cameras will also take video, which is a memory eating endeavor. Because it is, I have two chips. I keep the video on one till I download it and create new space. As some of you are aware, Spring (which this year can at best be laughingly called that) up here is extremely busy. We get just a ton of Walleye fishermen hitting the river as the ice goes off. This keeps me working long, early hours and I see a bunch of amazing things. Some of it video worthy.

I swapped chips for shooting some video, put the photo chip in the plastic case that they come in and stuck it back in my camera case. My camera uses the little mini-sd cards. It moved as I snapped it shut and it bent in the center. It also broke connections inside and rendered it useless and the photos unretrievable.

On the bright side, I regularly backup the chip and had done so just a couple of days earlier. I lost very little except the cost of a replacement chip and a couple of photos, including the first fish of the open water season, which was the first fish on my 14' T&T. and some pretty good ice out in progress shots.

If you don't do it already, you really should back up your photos. Those chips they are on are not forever.

thats a big bummer.. I dont store files on cards atleast after shoots, even CD backups should be replaced every 3 years or so, just in case. A friend of mine took a recent herp trip to Peru and ended up losing 1200 photos due to bad cards.. digitals only Achilles heel..