The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1053Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbphotos54 View Post
ended up losing 1200 photos due to bad cards.. digitals only Achilles heel..
Yikes, that is a bummer. I got lucky and backed up the chip just a few days earlier. Only one photo really kind of bums me out and that was the first fish on the new rod.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:16 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I download the camera into this hp and then into a pair of flash drives and a Seagate auxiliary drive. I'm hoping that's enough backup, I have the Nikon set to delete content after each download is confirmed so there's really nothing to lose on my cards.

The tips are good for everyone, I hope they read the thread.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 AM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=bpeterson;547407]I just got into photography so I have a good bit of photos... Sorry! Lol
Hunting trip to Kansas:

great looking lab

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

recent weekend to elk rapids MI
Click the image to open in full size.
Maddy and Laker
Laker day dreaming
Hardyreels and paymaster like this.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:58 PM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough

This is Donnells Reservoir in N. CA. Its a little hard to get to, so usually no one else is even there. There isnt much bank for fishing on the reservoir itself since the walls are mostely vertical rock. You cant just drive up to it, but some do put portable boats and canoes on carts, but you still have to hoist them over about a 15 foot iron gate with a rope. Its all legal access, but they just dont make it easy. Great fly fishing below the dam. I just find this a particularly stunning location.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 PM

jagger is on a distinguished road

here are some Click the image to open in full size. Flickr: jagger1970's Photostream I hope u like you can scroll through
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:38 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Hit the spring creek yesterday. Chasers but no hookups. Did get to enjoy some photo fun with the evening hatch....these were taken using the Olympus TG-2 on macro setting. That and the shallow depth of field on an f2.0 lens creates that nice bokeh in the background.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 04-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Cardo really nice,

Is the Joshua Wilton House Resturant still there in Harrisonburg? Have you been there/ I used to snoop around the creeks and eateries down that way as I traveled back and forth from PA to NC.
shotgunfly likes this.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Nice Cardo really nice,

Is the Joshua Wilton House Resturant still there in Harrisonburg? Have you been there/ I used to snoop around the creeks and eateries down that way as I traveled back and forth from PA to NC.
Hiya Ard.
Yes the JW house is still here. A newer establishment, a bit more contemporary but with a fantastic local/organic/awesomeness menu. It's called Local Chop'n'Grill...well worth the $$.

I had my first serious dinner there with my future wife. Haven't been in a while...maybe time to get a reservation??....hmmm might be some gear purchases coming up ;-)
Hardyreels likes this.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Administrator

It's been years, maybe 1994 - 95 since I was there. It was quite the place and I put it on my stop list.
shotgunfly likes this.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough

Wet wading the Truckee River in N. CA. Nothing feels better that a cool river when its 100 degrees. Love the blue sky, but dont want to forget the sunscreen.