The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1053Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

This was the view for almost the entire trip up the Yetna last week as I headed to the cabin.
Click the image to open in full size.

I've made so many trips in the rain and clouds that I sometimes forget they are out there. Mt. Foraker, 17,402' (5,304 m) on left with the flat top, and Mt. Denali, 20,328' (6,196 m) on right. The view you have here; the mountains are about 160 miles away from where I am at when taking the pictures.

One of these days I'm going to set up the tripod on the river and do them right. The picture here was shot while I was cruising up river at about 26 mph and the ride was bumpy. A good slow exposure from land on a day like this might be really good.

A little wider & brighter;
fysh, jpbfly, jaybo41 and 6 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-19-2013, 01:29 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good Ard! I can imagine how much you look foward to this time of year!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful pics and breathtaking scenery Ard
Took this pic by the water last week....I love this place
thorsten likes this.

Last edited by jpbfly; 06-23-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:43 PM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough

This picture just seems peaceful to me. Its on my screen saver at work which makes it all the harder to not be fishing! Two friends on a two boat float on the Trinity in No. Ca. The guides were from the FlyShop in Redding. Nothing but good times with them.

Gotta get to Alaska some time!

Old 06-19-2013, 04:47 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason, few fish with me. milt. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

A little bonus video. milt
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

"My, that's a big one"

Quote, Scorpio to Harry Callahan
milt spawn likes this.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:18 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

along time coming, but i finally upgraded to a pro SLR Canon 7D lots to relearn..
Hardyreels and jeepster II like this.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Administrator

I had to do it. Post the picture that is, and I had to build it too. The original facilities at the cabin were beyond description and I've been threatening to build a new privy for years. One day the hole was dug down to 6'. If you never dug a 6 foot hole you should give it a go

Then on a second day I leveled up the rail road ties for a base foundation and built a solid sub floor.

Day 3 I framed it up and built in the interior seat area.

Day 4 I sheeted the walls up and the roof with roofing material on top.

Last step was to build a door that would look good and close tightly to deter the mosquitoes.

It's things like this that are cutting into my fishing but they need to be done in order to make cabin life better.

Ard

Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 PM

jeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of light

Had a western come by for a visit while I was sitting in my toon on the shore of a lake in the wht mtns of az.

edit: This a hopi rattlesnake identified by four experts. This is my first hopi. If I had know it was a hopi I would have done some kind of dance.
milt spawn and mbphotos54 like this.

Last edited by jeepster II; 07-12-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: I had the snake identified