The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1064Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Larry:nice pics...it looks like the Pyrénées...
Ard:nice pics too and great job to catch fish in muddy waters(I lost a bottle of Champagne once...betting I could catch one)
I've noticed...your strong arms...that's salmon body building! and charming Nancy(I'm french you know....)
Old 08-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Summer in Alaska; Overexposed?

Jean Paul,

Here is a shot (please forgive the lack of attire), of the no holds barred fighting style I use on salmon. I do this with all species, lift them to the surface, then turn them to shore. The first picture was taken at the end of the lift and I am now dropping the rod to drag him to shore, headfirst. These fish only weighed 8 lbs. or about 3.6 Kilograms.

As the day wore on I continued to catch fish and released many of them. All of the hens are released and males with too much color. We have had outstanding weather here in Alaska this year and yesterday was warm. These are the real 'Macho Man' fly fisherman pictures. Your right she is charming yes.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

This is what I mean by 'color' as the fish remain in fresh water they deteriorate and change color from the bright silver they wear at sea. This fish is still very good for the table but in another 7 - 14 days he would not be very palatable.

My wife and fishing buddy takes the pictures;

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Ard: Very nice fishing photos, he-man shot and of course the beautiful wife! You must have been in some very warm weather to be out shirtless.

Larry
Old 08-07-2009, 08:12 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

North Central Pa.
Click the image to open in full size.

N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 08-08-2009, 12:52 AM

butchhe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Here is a photo of a field next to French Creek, WY.

Here is a photo of the top of the Snowy Mtn Range.

Here is a photo of French Creek, WY.

Here is a photo of one of the many lakes in the Snowy Mtns.

Larry
Great pictures. I used to do a lot of fishing and camping there when I lived in Cheyenne. Those pictures bring back some good memories!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Bob: Very nice photos of N. Central PA! I really like the lab swimming in the background and the brookies are gorgeous. This weekend while floating on the Colorado River we had a few tubers floating by. One couple were floating in inner tubes and their dog was floating behind them. He has a life vest on and was floating downstream backwards, it looked pretty funny, but he sure looked like he was having a grand time.

butchhe: Thanks, yes I agree, there are some nice waters over there and the scenary is to die for, expecially when the plants are blooming. That French Creek sure has some slippery rocks!

Larry
Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.[/QUOTE]

Nice pics Bob...I knew dogs were used for hunting not for fishing
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Administrator

JP: I think he used the black lab to catch that big brown (the rod in the picture is just for show)! LOL!

Larry
Old 08-10-2009, 12:19 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Ok guys laugh it up, But he (rocky) is known in this area for going under water and coming up with fish (he likes trout). last year he had a 9" smallie and this year 2 small browns so far.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 08-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
Ok guys laugh it up, But he (rocky) is known in this area for going under water and coming up with fish (he likes trout). last year he had a 9" smallie and this year 2 small browns so far.
Bob: That is pretty amazing, never heard of a dog actually catching a fish. When I lived in Alaska I had a black lab mix that would catch squirrels on occasion (used to gross out my wife). Last year while fishing from my drift boat with my son and his yellow lab, my son was hooked into a nice rainbow and the fish jumped near the boat and in went the lab after the fish, it was pretty funny at least until we tried hauling a wet lab back into a high sided drift boat (boy was he heavy). Anyway, thanks for posting you did a great job on the photos, very nice work!

Larry