The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1095Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 05:30 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

One excellent swimmer. (Cinclus Cinclus)

Click the image to open in full size.

Trygve
Old 06-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

All of the pictures you guys have entered are wonderful. I took some pictures while fishing this past week and a few seemed good to post.

I left the bow in the corner to give a sense of scale to this pool.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

This is the same area shot with the boat in foreground;

Looking at where I've been and traveling at fish hunter speed;

This was my spot for a few days and nights, as you can see I don't cause much impact with my camps. I got up and made coffee each day by 4:30 AM so I had time to sit and watch this tail out while the day came alive. Each morning a beaver or two were finishing up the night shift work and cruising back and forth across the big bend. I don't do campfires. I have been using an MSR Wisperlight backpacker stove since 1981 and I keep it as undisturbed as possible, after I leave you need a keen eye to even know I was there.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-11-2011, 06:19 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Great shots Ard. I too have been using a Whisperlite for about the same length of time and never have a fire when I'm in the back country. I used to have a North Face VE-25 tent too but I sold it and got a Black Diamond Megamid to save some weight. Here's a shot of the Megamid on top of Mt. Elbert in February.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 06-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one more looking back, it is a pretty place and I lucked out on weather.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:24 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

ard, nice spot!

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

heres a shot i took when my daughter was only 3 weeks old-

what a sweetheart

casey

ARFE
Old 06-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful pics guys!!
Ard ...we do understand why you love Alaska so much...
Casey...we do understand why you love your daughter so much
Old 06-22-2011, 04:00 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Woke up this morning with time to kill, since I have to wait for the plumber to get here to replace my dead water heater. But, as they say, that’s another story.

I walked around the front yard checking my various flower beds to see what’s blooming and budding and getting an idea of how much longer it will be before color starts to really take off and brighten up the yard.

Most of the flowers are another week or more away from blooming, but a few Columbines, Blue Flax and Lupine are blooming and last night the first of the Poppies bloomed. There was barely any wind this morning, which in and of itself is a rare blessing, and the light was pretty nice, so I got out the camera and went to town on the new born poppies.

Before bursting into orange flames, poppies start out as bug eye looking, hairy buds.

and then BAM, FIRE

The rest of the garden is off to a slow start but the bed under the little Aspen tree can always be depended upon to show the first blooms of Spring.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 06-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Beautiful!

I'm still waiting for my flowers to bloom here.......................

Old 06-22-2011, 09:29 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

awsome photos here, as a adventure sport photog, but new to fly fishing i dont have much from that subject, but looks like topic is no matter in this thread, here is one from my main subject, and to get subscribe to this thread.

keep up the great work
Old 07-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Nice ride Mike!

As you can see I'm old school, this is my 1983 / 84 Fuji Sundance. Still running on original wheel bearings but I've had to replace rear cog, dérailleur, crank bearings, and cables along with handle bars. Have worn out three cycle speedos and near as I can tell it has over 5000 miles on it. Back when I got this there were no suspension bikes and we did single track, downhill, the works on these hard frames. The thing is sledgehammer proof. I have another that I got in 1996 made by Trek. it's one of their Y frames and by 2000 that's all that was still Trek (the frame) you know how you can dump money in them............... Made a half decent Dh out of it but by 2002 I was starting to feel the endos a lot more so I sort of gave it to my brother in law. He is older than I am but when he takes a spin around town on his tricked out bike he's like a rock star to the kids who spot him

I use this for fishing small creeks here when I can find a single track along them.