The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Ran across this fella yesterday afternoon;
Attachment 1724Click thumbnail for enlargement;

There were two of them trekking through the snow in the woods up at Knik
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens : Tamron 28 - 300mm aspherical XR DI zoom hand held @ f6.3
ISO : 100
Shutter speed: 60
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grouse0001_2.jpg (64.9 KB, 72 views)
Old 02-14-2009, 06:32 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Click the image to open in full size.

Sometimes the back drop can be better than the fishing. This is the Oxbow of the Snake River with Mt. Moran in the background.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 02-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Those look like white pelicans out there.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-14-2009, 08:28 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Those look like white pelicans out there.
They are pelicans. They fly in from the California coast each spring and stay most the summer.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful shot Dave. Thanks.
Is that the area that we were going to float last summer? I remember you saying that we were going to be floating close to the tetons.

Gotta do it.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-15-2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Beautiful shot Dave. Thanks.
Is that the area that we were going to float last summer? I remember you saying that we were going to be floating close to the tetons.

Gotta do it.

Actually that is the stretch I never float. Two stretches run beneath the Tetons. Pacific Creek to Deadmans Bar and Deadmans to Moose.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

How come you never float this section?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 PM

putting in below the dam is a pain the stretch is slow and deep not much in the way of riffles and runs. More like lake fishing than floating a river.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:06 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about