The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1048Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 11:37 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
That's a hell of a shot mb
And thanks Casey.
thanks, the low res copy that meets the upload size limit doesnt do this shot justice.. I took many of the same location its just a great look. ND filter f 18 or so and a 1/4 second shutterspeed or slower. tripod
mike
Old 08-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Musta been a water weekend.......................................

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Musta been a water weekend.......................................

nice, looks like that would be a cool spot for a longer shutter speed when its overcast. or in shade. the neutral density filter makes a big differnce on those shots tho.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike,

I did that at a small stream in Seward, hand held Sigma 50mm with B&W polarizer at f5.6 and 125. I hardly ever have the pod along and should carry it more often. I've been shooting all my pictures with the fixed 50mm lens this year. What is the f stop compensation of your ND filter?

Old 08-31-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Hi Mike,

I did that at a small stream in Seward, hand held Sigma 50mm with B&W polarizer at f5.6 and 125. I hardly ever have the pod along and should carry it more often. I've been shooting all my pictures with the fixed 50mm lens this year. What is the f stop compensation of your ND filter?
I beleave I have a 1.5stop nd. as for tripod look into a gorilla pod. think old school snakelight with tripod mount on the end. it packs easy and can be attached to just about anything. I plan to use mine with the new underwater video cam to clamp it to rocks, roots.. leg... its good fun.

Just for grins I actully had a photo of me taken today. rare..

Click the image to open in full size.

mike
Old 09-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Administrator

I have a new 'rare' picture too Mike, I may already have put this on the thread but it's a good shot so................

Photo by Nancy; Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro at 5.6 focused at infinity using that B&W polarizer.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
I have a new 'rare' picture too Mike, I may already have put this on the thread but it's a good shot so................

Photo by Nancy; Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro at 5.6 focused at infinity using that B&W polarizer.
that is a nice shot indeed!
i would sure love to fish that stream
any grayling in there??

casey

ARFE
Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Administrator

I didn't find any, there were small char and both 1 & 2 year sockeye. These were the new fry from last falls spawn and fingerlings about 4" from the year before. That is the head water of Quartz Creek up over the pass.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:43 PM

Brewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really nice

Hi Ard,

Just curious, how far are you from the Sterling Highway in that picture? I have driven along/across Quartz Creek several times, but have never stopped to fish it, usually heading down toward Cooper Landing and the Kenai. That aparently was a mistake on my part!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Administrator

I would guess 30 miles from where you see the creek at the Sterling Highway. The place where the pictures were taken is a good piece of bush whacking and hiking from the nearest road access. The flow is not called Quartz Creek but is part of that watershed and a main tributary to the creek.