The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree951Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Don't know which rainbow I like best....think the one on the third pic
Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Fall Colors;

Hi JP,

This was a very pretty fish, I thought I had re-hooked a very large rainbow that came loose on Saturday until I got this fish into the shallow and could see that it was a salmon who has just began to blush with the colors of fall.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

When I finish my fall trout fishing I'll post into the blog threads on my profile page with photos and stories. I've been having some great days, the problem is I'm catching more salmon than trout. I am using my fancy streamer 'Ard's Nine Three' and fishing Greased Line swing style, everything in the river loves the fly and some of the shows put on by the fish have been breathtaking....... I'm fishing my 1979 Far & Fine #5 with the Featherweight reel and handling the fish just fine. I believe the more I catch them the better I get at keeping them under control. I only had one fish get down the river on me this season and that was a king.

Here's another semi bright one that I thought was a trout until I got it into the shallows. I slid it up by my rod for a sense of scale and then it swam away unharmed. The whole photo thing took about 5 seconds

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-19-2011, 01:13 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fall Colors;

That first salmon pic is one heck of a shot, Ard! The fish already has great colors coming in but there is something about that first photo that just pops!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-19-2011, 02:20 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking photos, you can tell by seeing how wet the fish is that it was only out of the water for seconds. For a fish being returned to the water Ard shows good stewardship.

Dave
Old 09-19-2011, 03:35 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice chum ard!
great colors for sure
good stuff as always

casey

ARFE
Old 09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

It's a Silver........................ just starting to blush, a hen.

Sorry

Old 09-19-2011, 04:50 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
It's a Silver........................ just starting to blush, a hen.

Sorry

ive been in the lower 48 too long

ARFE
Old 09-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Administrator

I have been trout fishing since Saturday and couldn't keep the salmon off the fly. I'm not sure how many I caught but saying a dozen is a modest way to describe the days. I'm going to work the upper river tomorrow.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:15 PM

williamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant futurewilliamhj has a brilliant future

Here are some pictures from this past month's fishing. The first is of my brother walking towards the Arkansas River South of Leadville. Fish weren't too hungry, but he got a couple and I landed a beautiful brown.
Click the image to open in full size.

This one I took as we drove down from a high mountain lake Northwest of Idaho Springs. We had a beautiful drive up into the mountains and a nice hike (in waders, with gear) up to these lakes where we caught beautiful trout on a dry fly.
Click the image to open in full size.

Cant' wait to get out on the water again.

Last edited by williamhj; 09-19-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: fix photos
Old 09-19-2011, 05:35 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Quite the photos William, looks like a great place to fish! And Ard, that salmon just looks like a black and red missile! Quite the wake it is throwing up.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...