The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1095Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I thought it was real in the first picture!
thats the goal it would pass as real without showing the other photo for size ref.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Click the image to open in full size.

guess where I went today. this is a bit more on topic.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:38 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

is that a cabelas fish tank?

ARFE
Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I think Casey is close.... I say Bass Pro, but I have insider knowledge in that I know the Cabelas hasn't been built yet

Also, Mike, am I mistaken, or does your buddy's Ah-64 have a deployable forward cannon? That is super sweet!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-19-2012, 12:47 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

yeah, i also thought it was real when i scrolled down to te first pic of the copter.
cool.

ARFE
Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
I think Casey is close.... I say Bass Pro, but I have insider knowledge in that I know the Cabelas hasn't been built yet

Also, Mike, am I mistaken, or does your buddy's Ah-64 have a deployable forward cannon? That is super sweet!
phot is from bps in clarksville. cabelas is under contruction. this heli doesnt have projectiles, it does have live feed camera to the nose sights viewable via google. he has built several for other folks that have had functioning rockets and airsoft cannons. but not sold to USA customer as this sort of thing is frowned on from our insurance group that charters clubs and events.

PS, cant wait to photograph cabelas

video of the heli
Old 04-24-2012, 10:45 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

http://softhacklessilverhalide.tumblr.com/
Hardyreels likes this.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:21 AM

logic_factory is on a distinguished road

Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

logic: that is perfect, man! That is some serious macro work...the dimples in the surface film under that nearly weightless little beauty is incredible! What are you shooting?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 AM

logic_factory is on a distinguished road

dean_mt,
thank you for the charitable compliment. i want to one day have a similar opportunity to capture a callibaetis so i can improve upon the image i have shared. the camera i was using was likely one of those canon powershots, the image was taken back in 2005. the image you see is cropped to create a better perception of symmetry; relative to the original. with a better camera i could have preserved much more resolution after the crop assuming i did not like the original. the lack of resolution is what bothers me the most about the image; most other details i am content with.
i will one day own a proper dslr to take advantage of some of my knowledge and skill sets. until then i will live vicariously through others images and my minds ability to capture the details.

until i get a proper camera here are two others that i happen to like.

the below fish was taken from the yuba river in northern california. at some point i may create a thread discussing this tail water fishery.

i enjoy the overall dark colors of this image; almost symbolic of this little creatures ability to alter consciousness.

based on most the images i have seen in this thread the following unsolicited advice is not needed because it appears to have already been adopted. take many images and play around with the variables your camera has; i.e. shutter speed, aperture, iso speed. the important part comes next when you filter out which images other people see; people can only pass judgement off what they experience. the idea is to control those experiences so they reflect, what you feel to be, your best work. i believe this is what creates the professional divide in photography; the screening process of their work. granted a profession may be able to acquire a similar image with less try's but with enough shots and variation an image may stand out that is worthy of your name.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:51 PM

right on Dave, great lighting on the rattler.