The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 11:04 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well, the forecast was for 6-12 inches of snow above 2500 feet.

Out side temp has dropped almost 5 degrees in the past 90 minutes and the rain (I'm at 1350') is changing from rain to full on snow.

If you're heading into/out of Southern Oregon (I-5) this is what you'll be facing: I-5 at Siskiyou Summit, Oregon Road and Traffic Cam

This I-140 a few miles east of me ..... think I'll skip taking a trip over to Klamath Falls: http://www.oregontravels.com/_roads/...Woods_743.html
Old 11-27-2010, 11:52 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Well, the forecast was for 6-12 inches of snow above 2500 feet.

We had a similar forecast last weekend and we got 2 inches. We have a 2 inch forecast this weekend, and it looks like we got about one so far but still falling and it looks like more to come.

d
Old 11-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Better stay home Fred, the coffee pot needs tending to. I think that storm is gonna be on my doorstep tonight.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh' View Post
Better stay home Fred, the coffee pot needs tending to. I think that storm is gonna be on my doorstep tonight.
Yea, like the big blizzard we had last week?
The one that dropped a whopping 4" of snow on my lawn?
Come on weather service, let it snow. Quit pussyfooting around!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

No, it didn't drop much snow, but that was a nasty storm when it came in. And being out the next morning with my crew @ 02:30am trying to clean up all the crust and ice was no fun either.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 11-27-2010, 02:16 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

yeah, the wind was nasty too here (northern Reno) and then the next day temps dropped to 4 degrees. I'm with you mojo, if it is gonna be cold and windy, then lets see a foot or more. We can use the water up in the hills, and, unlike when the donner party went through, I think we can weather a decent snow fall these days - though I don't think we want 6, 8 or 10 feet in a day or a weekend.

d
Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Well the real cut, snow level wise, was really at about 3,000 feet, but above that the mountains around us got a good dump. Save for the Sissieques to the south of me and the Cascades to the east ... 'civilization as we know it' wasn't really effected at all.

"The reports of our death were greatly exaggerated."
Old 11-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

That same storm hit my place about 3 this morning and it has been snowing ever since, albeit very fine fluffy flakes, but I still have a foot on my back deck.
Really odd, my properties that I take care of have anywhere from 1.5" to 12", just depends what side of the road your on.
Should be fun @02:00.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I have cleaned ours three times and it still coming! ARGH!!!!!
AND IT ISN'T EVEN DECEMBER yet!