The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

When your in T.C. flies see if you can get ol'Emmit Heath out of the shop. doubtful....but worth a try, if not, then be sure and pick his brain. He's a great guy and they don't call him the "Dean of the Green" for nuthin.

Hopefully Grace will be cookin breakfast, that gal really knows how to sling the ol hash.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dang! Wish I had known that when I made reservations. The only person I knew was Denny but now it's too late. Wish I had the opportunity to fish with him before passing on. But I'm sure it will be a good float.

Larry
Old 03-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I don't think Emmit guides anymore (post Heart Transplant), I think he enjoys meeting people in the shop more these days.

I wish I could recommend a guide, but I have no idea who any of them are anymore. lol

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh: OK , I will make it a point to meet Emmit and pick his brain on how to fish the Green.

I have a friend in town (Pete) that says he would like to fish with me on Wednesday on the guided float, and I will wait to see if we hear back from Whisser. If Whisser can't make it then Pete would like to fish.

Larry
Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Fysh: I forgot to mention that I PM'd Davo to see what his arrival plans were and passed him my cell number and that the motel room was in my name just in case he gets there before I get off the river.

Larry
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

I will be coming in Wednesday night. Leaving straight from work. I have no idea how long the drive is, haven't got that far yet. I don't know when I am leaving, maybe Sat night, maybe Sun morning? Sooo...excited!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:25 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Also, I just wanted to say that I am very happy this thread made it into the little box on the right side of the portal. A couple less mouse clicks to get to it!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian.ducker View Post
I will be coming in Wednesday night. Leaving straight from work. I have no idea how long the drive is, haven't got that far yet. I don't know when I am leaving, maybe Sat night, maybe Sun morning? Sooo...excited!!!
Dorian, and easy 6 1/2 hours or 7. Three hours to Salt Lake then 3 to 4 hours to the green.
YIKES! A whole work day - driving!!!!!
Maybe there is a shorter route.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Dorian: According to Microsoft Streets and Trips if you take I-15 to Salt Lake and then over it is 419 miles. If you take I-15 south to Hwy 30 and cut down to I-80 and then down its 359 miles, but I have no idea what the animal situation is like on hwy 30 after dark. If you go that route you might want to run with your brights on as much as possible to try to spot the deer/antelope.

Have you had a chance to get over to the Hyde shop yet?

Larry
Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

I borrowed my roomates car to do some fishing today, broke my 6 day streak of getting skunked.

I fished today on the very upper reaches of clarks fork, near butte. It started out good, i caught a small(10"?) rainbow on my first cast of the day, followed it up with another small rainbow on my third cast, however then i went 3 hours before i caught my next fish, a decent sized whitefish.

Then i drove 50 miles to the lower parts of the bighole. On my first cast ever on the bighole i land an 18" brown. I pulled 2 more browns from the bighole, but neither are as large as my first one.

I fished around 8 hours in total today, with about 4 hours of driving. I left my house at 9am, and got back after 9pm. It was my best day of winter fishing this year, and i still managed less than 1 fish an hour.

I was fishing wooly buggers and small streamers.