The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Dorian: According to Microsoft Streets and Trips if you take I-15 to Salt Lake and then over it is 419 miles. If you take I-15 south to Hwy 30 and cut down to I-80 and then down its 359 miles, but I have no idea what the animal situation is like on hwy 30 after dark. If you go that route you might want to run with your brights on as much as possible to try to spot the deer/antelope.

Have you had a chance to get over to the Hyde shop yet?

Larry
I never thought of shooting past Bear Lake. Not sure how the roads might be. I know I wouldn't try Wolf Creek Pass just yet, but I don't know how that road is by Bear Lake.
I just know it takes me, here in Salt Lake, three hours to get to Idaho Falls, and it take three ours to get to Vernal...and Green is like an hour from the Vernal, but I don't know where you are going.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Dorian,
If you leave Wed afternoon perhaps we could meet somewhere close to my neck of the woods and then you could follow us over.

From my place I head down I-15 about 10 miles and then catch I-80 to Green River Wyoming(All Interstate to there) cut down just past Green River and drive 65 miles on the old 2 lane and your there.

I used to cut across at Lyman/Mt View Wyoming, but now I drive all the way to Green River and alleviate some of the switchbacks. It's maybe a few miles further but speeds are faster being Interstate.

Let me know if you want to meet. We're planning on leaving later Wed Afternoon.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Fysh, I would love to follow you over, I just don't know if I will be able to get into SLC by the time you want to leave. I will be leaving IF around 2 or 3 most likely so into SL by 5 or 6. If that time frame works out for you then yes, I would love to do that.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Dorian,
That would probably work out just fine, my wife will be getting off work about the time you leave I.F. so we can prolly make it work.

I actually live an hour North of SLC, just N/W of Ogden. It's roughly 3.5 hrs from here to the Green.
Our home is only about 3 miles West of the Interstate and not very hard to find either.

****Note to everyone****
Do not forget your life vest, the Green is a water where it is MANDATORY that you wear a PFD when floating.

P.S. Dave, don't forget the Scotch.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Fysh,

Don't you also have to have a third oar. It was that way when I was there sometime ago. In fact I bought a third oar for my pontoon boat when I got it just for the Utah Green.

Frank
Old 03-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Frank: I think most drift boats come equiped with the third oar broke down, mine sits under the front of the rowers seat with the spare blade behind the seat.

Fysh: I have three PFD's for my boat, so I have that requirement covered.

I'm 276 miles from Dutch John so I plan on leaving town at 3:30 am on Wed. morning that should give me plenty of time to get to the fly shop when it opens at 8 am.

Larry
Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Yup, gotta have the third oar, and a balin' bucket too.
On the S.F. you also have to have a whistle.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:42 AM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice
re: The Shout Out Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi to all,

Here is a copy of a post I made on the old Shout Out Thread. We need to start posting in this thread instead of the old thread.

Hi to all,

Fysh, I have not deleted any other threads recently. What has happen is I started to delete old post in this thread and discovered it was too much work. That is why I suggested a new thread. I can deleted the old thread with one action.

As a side effect to deleting the thread we will all lose some post count. That is not a big deal to me. Does anyone else have a problem with deleting the old thread and losing some post count?

The reason I wanted to delete the thread is the amount of memory it is taking up. It doesn't contain detailed information that others might want to look up. So only the most recent post are relevant.

So how about some feed back about deleting this thread and using the 2009 Shout Out Thread instead?

Frank

Delete away.... My bet is 95% of the people only read 5% of the first handfull of post down to the 1rs or 2nd set of screens.. Anything after that should be deleted..

Here is a big M0 shout 2300 of us got together opening day and fished 15 degree weather to usher in Trout fishing and spring... Can't say it was fun.. however the Black Jack at the fire pit did help warm ones toes up at 7:30 am.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh: Thanks for the heads-up on the whistle needed on the SF, I'm definitely going to try to fish up there this year. Don't have to worry about the truck transmission failing this year as I fixed the transmission ($3.5k) and gave it to my son and I bought a new truck.

Critter: Did you get any pictures of opening day? Sounds like a big crowd.

Larry
Old 03-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

We decided to go ahead and get our room for wednesday night also, figure we should be there by 9:00pm.

Joni,
Are you going to the 2009 fly fishing film tour at the Tower Theatre on Tuesday night??

I only found out today that it is here already. We ordered our tickets on-line for $15.00 apiece. We're really looking forward to it, first time going.

Here is the link if anyone is interested?
Trout Bum Diaries