The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Good afternoon Larry,
Yes I still have your # on my cell. Do you still have mine?

Just got back from buying a new reel to put on the Glass, gonna line her up and have her ready to fish again. The Glass was kinda fun last time around over there.

I was also trying to have a stinger hitch added to our boat trailer to help in doing our own shuttles while we are there, but I'm not sure I will get it installed before then. But we will still be able to do our shuttles anyway just need an extra car, and that saves $35 a day.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh: Yes, I have your cell. The new reel on the glass rod sounds cool.
I never thought of adding a stinger on the trailer. Is that legal in UT to haul two trailers? I have no idea if it is or not in WY. Anyway, we will have enough rigs to do our own shuttles. I spent Sunday cleaning out the drift boat and getting everything ready, I wanted to take advantage of the nice warm wx we were in.

Larry
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh: I forgot to ask, I have been tying up midges and some BWO's but then noticed on the river report and hatch chart that scuds are there also. Have you fished scuds there and if so are they effective? If they are I will tie up some this week.

Larry
Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, Scuds are effective. Tie some in sizes 16-18, med olive and darker Gray have done well for me in the past. Ginger colored buggers in about size 8 also work well on the Green.

I hope stingers are legal here, need to make sure I guess.

Well I have to go and get ready to go down to SLC and watch the Fly fishing Film Tour, it's gonna be fun!!!

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-25-2009, 07:33 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

I have talked to two fisherman in the fly shops around here that have guided on the Green and they have said that scuds would be great next week. The BWO's might be to sporadic still to count on much action from them. Lot's of Z-midges, WD40's, Griffith's Gnats. Streamers in Gold, Tan and Ginger apparently. Glo-bugs also.

On another note, I hope the weather is somewhat decent!!

Looking forward to a few days off fishing!

Fysh, how was the movie thing you went to?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

It was really fun. Thinkin bout seein it again mid-April, found out they booked a gig in my town. Check the thread in the 'Den'.

The tour should be coming to I.F. soon, you should check it out. I bet Jimmy's will have some info.

I hope the weather is fairly good with some cloud cover. The latest weather forcast seem to have us going back into an unsettled pattern again. Hope for the best.

Do you have any specifics on travel yet?
I'm thinkin we should be able to play follow the leader over there.

On a different note. Entirely different....

Anyone seen or have one of these?
http://www.thepett.com/index.php?Pag...D=23&pageID=53

Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Administrator

OK, thanks, I will tie up some scuds, I already have plenty of midges, WD40's and Griffith Gnats. May tie a few more Vanilla Buggers.

Fysh: I haven't seen that system before, but I think they require you to carry something like that if you do an overnight float/camp on the Green River. That system looks to be favorably priced.

The Fly Fishing Film Tour is scheduled to be in Ft Collins Apr 24, I'm planning on going down to see it.

Dorian: Thanks for stopping by Hyde and picking up the anchor for me!

Larry
Old 03-25-2009, 11:14 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

The SF requires some sort of portable/disposable toilet system for overnight trips as well.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Dorian,
The S.F. is the main reason I'm looking at portable systems.

Just today we received the info for our season pass there. In it they mention 'Day-floaters' starting this year will also be required to carry some sort of a waste disposal system. even if it is only one of the disposable bags that work with this system.

The price, ease of use, and relatively light weight are making this system a consideration.
I tried to get the wife to agree that a Home Depot Bucket and garbage bag would fill the bill. She's not budging much on her opposition to that idea.
She really is a good sport and doesn't ask much, so I guess she may as well have a decent potty.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:43 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Fysh: Thanks for the heads-up on the whistle needed on the SF, I'm definitely going to try to fish up there this year. Don't have to worry about the truck transmission failing this year as I fixed the transmission ($3.5k) and gave it to my son and I bought a new truck.

Critter: Did you get any pictures of opening day? Sounds like a big crowd.

Larry

Sorry Larry we were to cold for pic's.. We only took 2 pic's on opening morning.. These were of a frozen net. :^)

Still fun, the opening day crowd is just about the event. Just like you get at a tail gate MU homecoming game. Or Cards Baseball game... If you go there to fish the tranquill waters of Mo.. you are mistaken.. nothing tranquil about standing side by side waiting for a whistle.. Still the Jake D at the fire pit does help the spirits...