The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

I DO! LOL
Yup! the brother in-law (one that works for the city) got his call last night. They alternate days and nights from month to month. It figures we get pounded on his NIGHT month!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

With the snow we got in Jackson this year I'm sure glad my boss canceled the plowing part of the business 3yrs ago. No more long nights or trying like mad do make up for broken equipment.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 02-13-2009, 07:43 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
With the snow we got in Jackson this year I'm sure glad my boss canceled the plowing part of the business 3yrs ago. No more long nights or trying like mad do make up for broken equipment.
We are getting nothing in SW montana. We could sure use some more snow. What we have is even melting. The lower Gallatin has been dirty from runoff the last week, and the east Gallatin is entirely unfrozen right now.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

We are getting pounded right now, so it might be awhile before we hear from fyshstykr. He is going to be sore and tired after this one!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:12 PM

BUMMER! I looked at my booking calendar and I am booked April 3rd and 4th. No calling in sick in the entertainment game for me!
I am talking the Green thing!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

This has been the coldest winter we have had in the last 9 years. I mowed the lawn in December but it has been brown every since.

Frank
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

I am now officially a spin fisherman for the next 1-2 months.

I broke my 4 wt around september, and was too lazy to mail it in. Then thursday i went out to fish, and had my 8 wt in hand and slammed the car door on all 4 of the ferrules. I thought i escaped unscathed, however when i was inspecting them the largest male ferrule broke in my hand.

I just bought new flyline for my 8wt less than a week and a half ago. I got Jim Teeny's "chuck and duck" line, which is a pretty sweet line for the flycaster who likes wide loops. But it is still a 55 dollar investment that i have only used twice, and i am a poor college kid.

So that makes both my fly rods. Both are TFO's, and i forgot to mail in the warrantry card on both of them. However i still have one of the warrrantry cards. If i am lucky i will be able to convince my dad to mail up an extra flyrod to me, and i will be back to flyfishing in no time.

I already went out spinfishing once, since i broke my 8 wt. I was fishing on the lower gallatin, and when i was changing spinners i didnt even think of it, but i set my reel down in sand. So now my reel makes a grinding noise when i reel it in. It is a 50 dollar shimano 5000 series reel that I managed to ruin.

The worst part of the week, was the girl i asked out for valentines, turned me down. All in all, i have had much better weeks.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
We are getting pounded right now, so it might be awhile before we hear from fyshstykr. He is going to be sore and tired after this one!
Yea that was a good storm, but I think you guys in the SLC area may have gotten a little more than us further North. Sounds like a real juicy one coming Monday night and into Tuesday. $$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
BUMMER! I looked at my booking calendar and I am booked April 3rd and 4th. No calling in sick in the entertainment game for me!
I am talking the Green thing!
The 'Green thing'? is that a fly? lol
That sucks Joni. Could we as a group call in sick for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTskibum View Post

I broke my 4 wt around september, and was too lazy to mail it in. Then thursday i went out to fish, and had my 8 wt in hand and slammed the car door on all 4 of the ferrules. I thought i escaped unscathed, however when i was inspecting them the largest male ferrule broke in my hand.

I just bought new flyline for my 8wt less than a week and a half ago. I got Jim Teeny's "chuck and duck" line, which is a pretty sweet line for the flycaster who likes wide loops. But it is still a 55 dollar investment that i have only used twice, and i am a poor college kid.

So that makes both my fly rods. Both are TFO's, and i forgot to mail in the warrantry card on both of them. However i still have one of the warrrantry cards. If i am lucky i will be able to convince my dad to mail up an extra flyrod to me, and i will be back to flyfishing in no time.

I already went out spinfishing once, since i broke my 8 wt. I was fishing on the lower gallatin, and when i was changing spinners i didnt even think of it, but i set my reel down in sand. So now my reel makes a grinding noise when i reel it in. It is a 50 dollar shimano 5000 series reel that I managed to ruin.

The worst part of the week, was the girl i asked out for valentines, turned me down. All in all, i have had much better weeks.

Just be glad it's not mid-Summer and your without your fly rods, better get em fixed soon as warmer weather will be here soon enough.

As far as the girl goes.........there are plenty of them out there and your still just a young buck, keep looking.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
This has been the coldest winter we have had in the last 9 years. I mowed the lawn in December but it has been brown every since.

Frank

Frank,
What kind of grasses do you folks in Florida have?
I've heard guys talk about how the sandy soil in the coastal states will dull a set of blades in no time.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 02-15-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTskibum View Post

My TFO broke about a week and a half ago. About 6" up from Ferrule. Not sure WHY, but it is the second time in the same spot.
Anyway, I don't recall sending my card in as I got the rod on a close out. No worries, They know it is theirs!
I was shoveling yesterday and noticed a box by the front door. We seldom use the front door and it is on the side of the house. Not sure if it had been there one or two days.
What I am getting at is $25. and a real fast turn around right now.