The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Good Mornin evryone, hope your Easter egg hunt is surrounded with warm sunshine.

Dorian, I see the big river is now pushing 9000 cfs. Have you been out?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Fysh,

I sent you an egg. We went from mud to snow & ice overnight here. Of course it'll make more mud as it melts. This time of year is known as 'Breakup' up here. Yes spring is right around the corner but you must be careful not to slide on or get stuck in the mud on your way around it.

Larry,

We are headed for Homer tomorrow, if Quartz creek is open water I'm gonna stop and poke around a bit. The Anchor is open but closed to fishing at this time so that one will be a drive by. The rainbows will be spawning in Cottonwood soon but it remains closed until mid June. That's a tough one because I walk along it every spring and see fish that are the size of small silvers but can't fish. Nobody will convince me that some of those monsters aren't coming from the Knik Arm. Doesn't that make them............ I know what they are, lucky.

It wont be long.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: Oh yes, breakup, I remember it well! Can't say that I miss it though.

Good luck with the fishing down south, you would think that the streams down there would be open by now.

I'm going to head over toward Walden, CO tomorrow after work to see if any of the lakes show any signs of breaking up. I looked on the Colorado Fish and Game fishing report, it has a current date but most of the material hasn't been updated since last fall.

Larry
Old 04-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Fysh,

I sent you an egg.
Yer killin me Ardster. Thanks Buddy.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-14-2009, 05:48 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Ard: Oh yes, breakup, I remember it well! Can't say that I miss it though.

Good luck with the fishing down south, you would think that the streams down there would be open by now.

I'm going to head over toward Walden, CO tomorrow after work to see if any of the lakes show any signs of breaking up. I looked on the Colorado Fish and Game fishing report, it has a current date but most of the material hasn't been updated since last fall.

Larry
Hey Larry,
Let us know how Delany Lakes are lookin when ya get back. I'm planning to camp/fish there this weekend. A good first hand report on the fishin and ice out would be great.
Thanks,
Yat
Old 04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Joni and Mojo,
I see your both online right now, and that got me to wonderin something. Do you have 2 computers in the same room? or in different rooms of the house?

Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I am on where ever I am...I have a Mac Book, he has the desk PC WHICH will be a MAC real soon.
Seriously, I am clear at the other end of the house so I thought he went to bed....GOOD NIGHT HON!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I am clear at the other end of the house so I thought he went to bed....GOOD NIGHT HON!
LMAO!! that's some good humor there. lol

Sweet dreams Mojo.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Yat: Sorry I got hung up at work this afternoon so I didn't make it over to Walden, but maybe tomorrow. I did find that I miss-read what the CO Division of Wildlife was saying on their web site. Today was the first time since last fall for an update. Here is what they said today:
North Delaney Lake - Some open water has appeared in the west end, and the remaining ice appears to be receding fairly quickly. Ice fishing is not recommended, but long-rod fishermen might do OK in the open water.
East Delaney Lake - The lake is essentially free of ice, but a cold night still can form a skim. Fly fishermen casting streamer flies have been doing well as the lake opens up. A slowly retrieved crankbait or marabou jig also might do the trick.
Lake John - The lake remains ice-covered except for the very north end, which is not yet fishable. Ice fishing is not recommended. The ice has taken on a distinctive, storm-cloud-gray color, suggesting it soon will be disappearing. As usual, conditions can quickly change with the weather.
South Delaney Lake - The lake was largely ice-covered last weekend, with a little open water in the southwest corner. Remaining ice is considered unsafe and ice fishing is not recommended. Open-water areas should expand quickly, barring a return of cold weather.
Statewide Conditions - Colorado Division of Wildlife

Assuming this storm headed our way doesn't freeze things back up it should be fishable this weekend. I'm going to head out there myself if the wx doesn't get too bad.

Larry
Old 04-15-2009, 06:08 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Larry,
Thanks for the update and the Division site link update too. I have that site bookmarked, but didn't know they started up again for the season.
I'm watching the weather too. Looks like snow for Friday and Sat. highs in the low to mid 30's Sat night low of 19.
Sunday looks like the best day with sunny and 46 for a high. I might just put off Fri night and head up Sat afternoon and spend one night.
If you're heading up let me know.
Yat