The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 10:30 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Fysh

The weather was so nice yesterday and today the Lavro is free and clear. No shovel needed. Now I just need to add water!!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-18-2009, 10:31 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

hey everybody,

Just thought i would drop in and say hi.

I hit my local lake a week back with a friend. we where in a canoe and we worked getting through some ice but we finally managed to get some fishing in.

Nothing worked. Couldnt get em' on leaches, wolly buggers, clousers. didn't get em' on adams or griffiths gnats either.

I didnt really care though. my friend using tackle caught nothing. hiked up to a private reservoir and caught nothing there to.

Had fun on the canoe going over the ice at least.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 04-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Troutwhisperer: Well at least you were able to get out and enjoy the outdoors! Sorry the fish weren't biting.

Larry
Old 04-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi TroutWhisperer,
Glad you dropped in, good to have you join in.

What are the rivers you fish the most in your area of big sky country?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Things are looking good here for some fishing soon. Many of our streams are begining to shed their layer of winter ice. Today we are going to take a ride to Talkeetna on the motorcycles. My wife Nancy has one like mine (KLR 650) so we are going to get her out for the first time this year.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: I was going to ask if the rivers are showing signs of breaking up or not. The first trip oout on the bikes is always a great feeling, and I'm sure you will have a good time. Summer is fast approaching!

Larry
Old 04-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I gotta get going, If I get any photos I'll post when I get back.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-21-2009, 07:51 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Hey fyshstykr,

I fish mostly the missouri when i get the chance. lots of lakes though, small creeks and small rivers. I fish the blackfoot, clarks fork, and bitteroot occassionally.

Some of the lakes have huge trout, not as pretty or colorful as those stream ones but they do put up as good a fight as the stream ones.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 04-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

TW,
I keep sayin We're gonna hit the Big Mo one of these days.

Plannin to spend more time on the Madison this year. Fished it a couple times last year, I forgot what a great river it is.

Joni,
How was the show? Did you fish D?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

In Idaho this last weekend, we were admiring how GREEN and beautiful everything was.
Click the image to open in full size.
But then I looked out the other side:

What a drag, but it is everywhere unfortunately.

But then there was more beauty:

Whoops...sorry....there are no fish in Idaho. Disregard the pictures LOL