The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 01:26 PM

DryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura about
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

I just moved from Phoenix to Cody. I'm used to traveling 5+ hours to find good fishing, so pretty much everything in east Idaho, southwest Montana, and west Wyoming is in play. Who am I kidding, all of Wyoming is in play.

I cut my teeth flyfishing northern Utah and southeast Idaho. The last eight years I logged quite a bit of time on the San Juan as I had a good friend that lived in Farmington.

If any of you are up in my neck and you want to fish with someone who has absolutely no idea where to go and what to use, let me know!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:22 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Dave, I'll get even with you.
Sorry Fysh, when you folks came up to fish the Snake your Mrs. said to give you grief on the new boots. So I felt compelled to enlist Larry to the cause!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Hey Dorian

Any update? Has you new addition arrived?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I know Dave. I'm still scratching my head as to why she told you to give me a hard time. lol

Larry, the yard is coming along. Moved another load of topsoil in to the beds this weekend along with setting rocks. Went to the nursuries on friday and loaded my work trailer 3 times with shrubs and trees, one more and we should be done with that part, then we have to start planting and then finish stage 2 on the bed sprinkler system, hopefully be putting mulch in the beds next weekend.

Then it's time to hit the river. Any dates yet for the overnighter into the canyon?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 PM

DryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm glad you finally got a taste of the South Fork, she's quite a river.
We will definately get together, lookin forward to it.

Dave, I'll get even with you.

That sounds like a great idea.
That does sound like a good idea. (says the new guy)
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello DFG,
I see your spent some time in Northern Utah. Where abouts? I'm from just outside Ogden.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 05-25-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Hello DFG,
I see your spent some time in Northern Utah. Where abouts? I'm from just outside Ogden.
Logan.

I cut my teeth on the Blacksmith River, Logan River, and Little Bear River. I also put some time in at Daniels Reservoir in Malad, Idaho and another reservoir outside of Bancroft that shall remain nameless (sweet spot).

I only fished the Provo two or three times. I don't think I ever fished around the Ogden area.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
I know Dave. I'm still scratching my head as to why she told you to give me a hard time. lol
I did not see anything wrong with em. But you know me, always willing to play along.

As for overnighter on SF I'm out till late June or mid July.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 AM

I'm trying out a new source for flies. Just placed a small order that should arrive in a week or so. The flies looked good on the website just have to wait and see about the real ones. At $0.55 for dry flies and $0.60 for Zoo Cougars I could not resist giving them a try. If you want to check them out here's the link Fly Fishing Flies, The Fly Stop, Discount Fly Fishing, Trout & Steelhead Flies, Cheap Flies, Quality Fishing Equipment
I'll let you all know how the flies are when they arrive.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
I'm trying out a new source for flies. Just placed a small order that should arrive in a week or so. The flies looked good on the website just have to wait and see about the real ones. At $0.55 for dry flies and $0.60 for Zoo Cougars I could not resist giving them a try. If you want to check them out here's the link Fly Fishing Flies, The Fly Stop, Discount Fly Fishing, Trout & Steelhead Flies, Cheap Flies, Quality Fishing Equipment
I'll let you all know how the flies are when they arrive.
That is a really good price. Thanks for the link.